Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Howdy! HHR Bound, Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by mkbomb
haha swerv...DEF want the red for wifey. Just trying to see if either of the other two is worth taking a chance at with those mileages WITH a CPO warranty??

Heres a link w specifics:

http://www.chevroletofjerseycity.com...olet&model=HHR

Looks good to me. Plus with only 9,000 miles on it you would have about 26,000 miles remaining of the bumper to bumper warranty. I'm not a fan of chrome myself but if you like chrome the HHR has about every piece of it available in chrome and they pull of the chrome look well.
Regardless I like it.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by swerv0428
Looks good to me. Plus with only 9,000 miles on it you would have about 26,000 miles remaining of the bumper to bumper warranty. I'm not a fan of chrome myself but if you like chrome the HHR has about every piece of it available in chrome and they pull of the chrome look well.
Regardless I like it.
And what about the White LT for me? 72K miles, but WITH a GM Warranty?
Old 07-27-2012, 02:42 PM

Clean retail on the white one is around 12,000.
Clean retail on the red is around 19,000
These figures according to Kelley blue book and NADA.

On the white one is half the radio display out?
Old 07-27-2012, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by swerv0428
Clean retail on the white one is around 12,000.
Clean retail on the red is around 19,000
These figures according to Kelley blue book and NADA.

On the white one is half the radio display out?
Sorry, what does "clean retail" mean? is that even taking into acct the mileage?

There another pic of the dashboard where you can see a FAINT part of the other half of radio display on the very edge of steering wheel.

We are HOPEFULLY going TONIGHT to see the cars.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:51 PM

Clean retail means basically what the cars should be sold for from a dealer. They both are priced under that.

Good luck with the test drives if you go. Let us know how it goes.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:25 AM

So we went, test drove the Red LT2, loaded, chrome pkg, sunroof, leather, 2.4....and wifey's on the fence. My goal is to replace our 09 VW Routan minivan with something that gets great gas mileage and still fits us and a 4 & 5 yr old. We're also about 6K upside down on trading in the Routan, and I want to get payments down to about $250-75/mo. Add to that I want a vehicle w MFG CPO Warranty and not too many miles on it. Her concern is that it feels claustrophobic compared to the minivan. It's an apples and oranges argument. She DID love the way it drove though. This HHR LT2 has ONLY 9K miles on it, dealer asking 15,500. She DOES like another one, its a LS w/ 35,000 miles, a rental, and theyre asking 13,000. It is KILLING me to settle for the worse of two deals. I plan to take her to look at the LS in hopes it'll make her realize the LT2 is clearly THE one.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:55 AM

The LS does not have all the bells and whistles that the LT2 has. With the LT2 only have 9k miles, it means she would be able to get to fully break it in.
I also have a 01 Town and Country LXI, for the purpose of toting around my kids. My wife and I barely feel any difference from the two. The LXI is more spacious in the cargo area, due to the easy removal of the third row seats, but other than that not really much of a space difference.
I also just looked at some pics of what the interior of the Routan looks like, and it looks just like a Caravan/T&C.

The main seller for her should be the gas mileage. You will definitely be filling up a lot less with the LT2 compare to the Routan, plus you can easily get payments at around $275. The HHR's are considered 'green vehicles' because they are flex fuel vehicles, which will drop your APR a bit. I was able to get a 3.2% APR on my 2011 HHR LT, which helped drop my car payment.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by clwest25
The LS does not have all the bells and whistles that the LT2 has. With the LT2 only have 9k miles, it means she would be able to get to fully break it in.
I also have a 01 Town and Country LXI, for the purpose of toting around my kids. My wife and I barely feel any difference from the two. The LXI is more spacious in the cargo area, due to the easy removal of the third row seats, but other than that not really much of a space difference.
I also just looked at some pics of what the interior of the Routan looks like, and it looks just like a Caravan/T&C.

The main seller for her should be the gas mileage. You will definitely be filling up a lot less with the LT2 compare to the Routan, plus you can easily get payments at around $275. The HHR's are considered 'green vehicles' because they are flex fuel vehicles, which will drop your APR a bit. I was able to get a 3.2% APR on my 2011 HHR LT, which helped drop my car payment.
Thanks clwest25,
My sentiments EXACTLY. I just went over the specs and differences between the two on the LS we were going to see. She said "forget THAT!" Hahaha..now I'm PRAYING she comes around before they sell that LT2!!!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 09:31 AM

Not sure how you plan to get payments at $250-275 if you are $6k upside down on the VW. You basically have to add that money to the asking price which will put you at $19-21k. If you do the math even before you add interest, a 5 year loan on $19k is gonna run you $320+ a month. I wouldn't recommend more than 60 month loan on a used car. Good luck with your decision!
Old 07-28-2012, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by chefhhr
Not sure how you plan to get payments at $250-275 if you are $6k upside down on the VW. You basically have to add that money to the asking price which will put you at $19-21k. If you do the math even before you add interest, a 5 year loan on $19k is gonna run you $320+ a month. I wouldn't recommend more than 60 month loan on a used car. Good luck with your decision!
Thanks chef,
Going for a 72 mo loan.

Quick Reply: Howdy! HHR Bound, Questions!