Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

KY in route to Perm CO resident. 08 HHR SS

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by KissMy08SS
Not trying to sound like an a** but you're going to have a hard time trying to tell that to alot of the SS owners here. There is only 1 upgrade kit availabe for the LNF cars...including the HHR, Cobalt, Sky, Soltice,& Redline. GM doesn't carry an "upgraded turbo" for these cars. They sell the GMS1 or GMTU.....which includes 2 three bar MAP sensors, a harness, and a canned tune. It'll get you some power...but nothing to insane. The highest people have hit with the GMS1 is about 24 lbs. If your hitting 28 lbs....you might have a problem...
At fort I was having problems. I had like 10 codes on the CEL. Replaced the valve purge cylinoid and now she runs as stated. Not trying to sell any BS.My kindle Fire is not easy to blot on so lying is a waste of time. Besides I have better things to do like play with my kids and take my wife to bed. Not here for pissing contest so please get off your bologna soap box. And yes, you were trying to sound like an @**. I'm a soldier, and Integrity is very meaningful to me.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:21 PM

I was simply just giving you a heads up on what you "might expect" from some of the SS owners here. There are alot of owners here that take modify their cars seriously. It was just a heads up.

Not here for pissing contest so please get off your bologna soap box. And yes, you were trying to sound like an @**. I'm a soldier, and Integrity is very meaningful to me.
Not sure what this means....but this site isn't ment for replys like this.....
Old 05-05-2012, 03:11 PM

Cool. No more problems. And it is stage 1 gm turbo afterall. Did some research.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:12 PM

What is a stage 2 upgrade and a secret weapon electric intake?

Is this stuff a joke?
Old 05-05-2012, 04:17 PM

I think the OP is just having trouble identifying the parts on his vehicle. Perhaps he was misinformed by someone. The GMS1 3bar sensors have enough resolution to control 28psi. Perhaps there is a tune on top of the GMS1 that he is unaware of. I remember seeing a 'secret weapon intake' but there was nothing electric about it.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Deceased

Bushmaster11B, I've just looked at the last bunch of posts here, and I'm a little peeved at some of the responses you've gotten.

Sometimes people have a bit of a superior attitude when it comes to the SS models.

Y'all need to back that down a bit folks, hate to tell ya this, although they might be faster, rarer, and fancier than other HHR models....they are still just HHR's.

And before I forget, thank you for your service to our country Bushmaster.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo Hearse
What is a stage 2 upgrade and a secret weapon electric intake?

Is this stuff a joke?
Secret weapon cold air intake with sponge dry filter. It has a heat shield and then a tube to run and clamp to the inside of the grill to get true cold ram air. The MAF sensor came from AEM and is for tricking the outer to allow the throttle body to function directly when more air is induced compared to OEM INTAKE box. Thus the name electronic cold air intake. SEGRET WEAPON is a brand name like K&N. The filter is reinforced and designed for turbo systems so the turbo wont sick the filter element into your engine. It dry because its designed not to rely on oil to catch dirt from entering in. Copeesh? Do some Google and I'm sure you will find it.

I'm thinking about getting an electric super charger on it next combined to what I have now. Its only an extra 1-2 extra psi but its instant boost at any rpm. Check that out too.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by 843de
Bushmaster11B, I've just looked at the last bunch of posts here, and I'm a little peeved at some of the responses you've gotten.

Sometimes people have a bit of a superior attitude when it comes to the SS models.

Y'all need to back that down a bit folks, hate to tell ya this, although they might be faster, rarer, and fancier than other HHR models....they are still just HHR's.

Its ok dumb people talk about the war in Afghanistan on the news but when it comes to it, I'm the better killer than the news. They think they know it all. Stick around guys I'm sure I can edumaca you on a thing or too. After all, I'm still ASC Certified and a prior Master GM, Honda and Toyota certified. May not be the best, may even behind the power curve but I know I'm smarter than most in here. My feet's, AS degree and Bach degree says so. Did I mention I am a Talia Sacked? That's right, I did.... its no big deal.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 843de

X2 Mike.

"they are still just HHR's" Awww.Come on. There goes my inflated ego!
Old 05-05-2012, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Breadfan
I think the OP is just having trouble identifying the parts on his vehicle. Perhaps he was misinformed by someone. The GMS1 3bar sensors have enough resolution to control 28psi. Perhaps there is a tune on top of the GMS1 that he is unaware of. I remember seeing a 'secret weapon intake' but there was nothing electric about it.
That's because I made it electronic. Read above post. And you did not ask. Maybe you could try that first. And I did correct myself about the turbo upgrade. I'm using a f***int kindle fire to type this, not going to type everything. Also have short term memory lost from a combat related injury. Must I micro manage myself to everyone who has an SS? Ya'll are worse than higher leadership in the Army. This is a freaking blog, ok? Thanks for wiping my arsenal too.

Quick Reply: KY in route to Perm CO resident. 08 HHR SS