Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

KY in route to Perm CO resident. 08 HHR SS

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 08:19 PM

Actually, I mean that you are having trouble identifying parts as some of us may know them since ppl are obviously confused. Perhaps I worded that wrong. I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, but if you want to invite the kind of stuff you are taking issue with, kindly allow me to step out of your way. So much for trying to be nice.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Breadfan
Actually, I mean that you are having trouble identifying parts as some of us may know them since ppl are obviously confused. Perhaps I worded that wrong. I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, but if you want to invite the kind of stuff you are taking issue with, kindly allow me to step out of your way. So much for trying to be nice.
No no no, you're right I misunderstood. Its all cool. I'm still suffering from the anger side of deployment. So I appologize for the aggressiveness of my defensively remarks. Anger is the only way you can survive in war when it's not your time to go. I don't expect anyone to know how or what unless they have been on the front lines themselves. Its cool trust me. I'm just blunt and I don't have the best attitude for a reason. TY for being kind enough to even respond back professionally. Others would have lashed out so quickly I would have thrown my Kindle, lil.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:12 PM

Fair enough. Let's try to start over. You asked for suggestions/comments in your original post. You are going to get some you won't like; probably starting with the electric supercharger idea. As for the psi that you are pushing, it is possible but does not seem quite typical of the GMS1 upgrade, addons notwithstanding. I have seen these numbers on mine through 4 gears of an automatic, but my max air load torque calibration was reprogrammed to be above that of the GMS1 tuning. I have since dialed it back to the stock sensor limits. (23psi) Hence, this is why I suggested that there may be tuning to the car's computer other than the GMS1.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Premium Member

Damn I leave for a while, and ........ Bushmaster11B, welcome to the forum, and thank-you for your service. Sounds to me like you bought a wild one, it defiantly has an aftermarket tune on it.

I don't know about me being any different than the next guy, but I bought an SS HHR because I found it's attributes superior, in my humble opinion. They are fun to drive, wouldn't you agree ? Yes they are still just an HHR, that just made it easier for a poor sap like me to buy one. Welcome again.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Deceased

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
X2 Mike.

"they are still just HHR's" Awww.Come on. There goes my inflated ego!
Sorry George, another tragic case on "Unintended Deflation", my bad.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:06 PM

Yes, I love my HHR SS. The greatest times I have had with it was taking my Wife to Nashville for her ACL surgery appointments on I-24 and passing all kinds of people with absolute ease!!!! I have had STR-4's, SS Camaro's, WS6's, S200's, and my favorite one to punk on the highway for some reason, the new 370Z. It's amazing to see people's jaw drop when I drop it in 3rd and blow their doors off starting at 70 mph. Maybe I'm gloating, but I don't care because even STI owners admire my HHR SS. I have yet recieved a negative responce about it. Yes it may be another HHR, but hey, it's ok because the"HHR" has a meaning in Chevy history. Hence the throw back style and name. Only to add a twist and curiousity of racer enthusiast. I'm proud to own this car. Runs off the same dinosaurs your neihbor drives, only it's turbo dinosaurs running through it's fuel lines.

Update: Haveing detonation problems. Removing electric turbonator s/c and removing heat shroud on secret weapon filter. Going to try short ram for a while to see if it improves.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:21 AM

Where exactly are you located? Im near Vine Grove (fort knox) area. I have a dyno day in indianapolis the 20th this month. Your welcome to come!!
Old 05-14-2012, 10:25 AM

Also. the only way to achieve the amount of boost your seeing is with a aftermarket tune! A gmstage 1 file will allow to hit higher boost in high elevation conditions!!
Old 09-28-2012, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by rpt ccss3
Also. the only way to achieve the amount of boost your seeing is with a aftermarket tune! A gmstage 1 file will allow to hit higher boost in high elevation conditions!!
I'm in Ft. Campbell KY Bro. Sorry I haven't been on for a while. I recently had some real work done to my HHR SS. It's Eagled out... adjustable cams, rods.... ported head. It does have the GMTU Stage 1, HAHN Intercooler with BOV. I just modded a short ram AEM Dry Filter and installed a generic Flow Master with 3" exhaust- cat back. Tuned it correctly last month in Memphis and now I'm pushing 28lbs of boost in every gear pretty much. Very quick and responsive. It throws you in the seat at 10 psi and pressed you real hard back in the seat at about 18-19psi. It's like another surge of boost. I think most of the props of my new upgrades go to the ported and polished head. Hardly any turbo lag and the best part now is my HHR sounds meaner than most STI's that are tuned up (if you recall STI sound, they are very distinct). I get STI owners all the time flagging me down. Dyno test now show 512 WHP. Is that good? Or should it be more with these upgrades? I can hang with Z07's now.....
Old 09-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Premium Member

Sounds fun to drive. That's the most I have heard of, however Eric down it Texas is doing a full block up build, His should be able to hang with you.

Quick Reply: KY in route to Perm CO resident. 08 HHR SS