The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Arrest Made In Jonbenet Ramsey Murder Case

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 06:42 PM

Thumbs up Arrest Made In Jonbenet Ramsey Murder Case

As many of you know, I live in Colorado where this happened. It's been nearly 10 years since this happened and they finally made an arrest today in Thailand. You can read more details on cnn.com HERE.

I'm glad to hear they finally may have caught the person who carried out this senseless crime against that little girl. It's too bad her mother isn't still alive to hear this great news, but I've heard that she may have been told something about this before she died in June.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:52 PM

Well hopefully justice will be served and he is the right guy.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:11 PM

I still think the parents did it
Old 08-16-2006, 09:17 PM
Banned

No mention of evidence, motive, or any connection to the crime what so ever?
Old 08-16-2006, 09:37 PM

Information is begininning to surface. I pulled the information below from our local news station's website, 9news.com

The suspect was arrested in Bangkok, Thailand Wednesday morning.

Sources close to the investigation confirmed to 9NEWS the 41-year-old suspect's name is John Mark Karr. The Associated Press and MSNBC reports he is a schoolteacher who once lived in Conyers, Ga.

Karr has confessed to certain elements of the crime that are unknown to the general public.

He was being held on an unrelated sexual assault charge when he confessed to the JonBenet murder.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:51 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by SIHHR
I still think the parents did it
Or had something to do with it.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:57 PM

I'm sure if they have the person who actually committed this crime, it will all come out during the investigation. Time will tell.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:41 AM

Oh wow. I predict this is going to get a lot of attention in the media for awhile. It's going to be interesting to see how things develop...
Old 08-17-2006, 02:04 AM

From what I have heard here locally...as well as nationally, they should be releasing more statements Thursday.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:11 AM
Banned

I hate when stupid high publicity trials and police cases happen. It diverts the nations attention from real problems and draws their attention to something that can be handled without the media or public even being involved. There are lots of other dead children and parents of dead children out there so what makes this little girl so special that it gets elevated to national attention and leaves parents of other murdered children wishing the police and media would have only spent like 10% of the time and resources they spent on this one little girl to catch their childs killer. Our system is unfair and us Americans perpetuate it by being drawn to this crap. Like that girl Natalee Holloway that dissappeared in Aruba. There are so many children and teens that are kidnapped and killed every day here in America that it pissed me off when I had to turn on the news and here about her every night or anytime I looked at the paper that crap was still on the front page. I'm not trying to sound like a dick or be insensitive but I feel bad for the parents of children who stuff like this happens to and nobody even hears about it because of our biased law system and media. It pisses me off that the police and media devote that much attention to a few high profile cases when they should be treating every case the same.

Last edited by captain howdy; 08-17-2006 at 07:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Arrest Made In Jonbenet Ramsey Murder Case