The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Arrest Made In Jonbenet Ramsey Murder Case

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 07:18 AM

Well said CH, Besides if your dumb enough to send and 18 year old kid to a strange country with the intention of it being a drunkin panty fest!!! Did they think nothin like that would ever happen?? that kills me all the young kids that get sent by their parents to mexico or bahammas etc.. for drunkin (girls gone wild) type trips and get all worked up when they find out they were kidnapped,raped,knocked-up,etc.. I am not sayin all kids are bad and go to these places for the same reason but i would bet 80 percent or better go there to get stinkin drunk!! Everyone one knows what smart desicions you make when your plowed!!
Old 08-17-2006, 10:29 AM

wow! what emotion! Not that I do not agree with all that is being said but really look at what is going on, this should be a lesson to not judge people. Everyone thought the parents did it, and now this man is confessing his love for her and that he is sorry, that alone is sick. He knows something that none of us do. Listen my son was killed in a hit and run in 99, and to this day nothing, so I know what that feeling is. My son's case is not plastered over the media, and I'm OK with that. I don't want it to be, when it was, it was like living that moment every day over and over again, and I never had closure, when the media stopped my life began to come back together. Not in an easy way, but I could actually deal with it what happened without cameras camped out in front of my house, knocking on my door, pretending to deliver flowers so that someone would answer and talk to them. I had to stay in hotels under different names so that the news could not find me or my family. It was crazy enough without the media. Ok let me stop I really just wanted to say that we are no one to past judgement on people before we know all, the media does not give all without judgement. We as parents should be thinking WOW what if that were me, what if I was blamed for murdering my child and I did not, either way my heart goes out to her family. I live where Sabrina went missing and that was BLASTED all over the media as well, and every few years there are people who come out saying they know something or they seen her, all kinds of crazy things. But that case has never died either, they even have billboards about that case along the interstates. I personally did not want my child's death plastered all over the media to live it every moment I turned on the TV, I wanted closure ad that is not the way to go, and yes I wanted the driver found and to this day I still hope they do find them but God will handle it all!
Old 08-17-2006, 10:41 AM

I realize the point you guys are making...it is horrible what happens here in the United States. I'm not trying to say that this case is any more important than any other missing or murdered child, it just hit very close to home. I can't even fathom the myriad of emotions one must go through when losing a child regardless of how it happens.

These people were virtually unknown outside of the Boulder and Atlanta areas when this happened. I would venture to guess it made national news due to the timing and circumstances surround the crime. We certainly can't control what the media decides to follow...I just find this case very interesting, as do many others around the nation, which is why I decided to put a thread in the dungeon for those who are interested to comment on.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:49 AM

Very well put teknobunie...thank you for your heartfelt post. I will pray that the person who took your child is found and justice is served. I can only imagine the pain and suffering one must go through when losing a child. I know it may not help...but here's a group hug from me to you.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
I would venture to guess it made national news due to the timing and circumstances surround the crime.
Or the because the parents have money and the fact she was a white upper class little beauty queen from a nice area. Let the same sh*t happen in the ghetto to a poor family and see if it makes national news or gets anywhere near the same police attention.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:58 AM

I know it may not help...but here's a group hug from me to you.

Thank you Deb, it helps more than you will ever know.

And Capt you are right to a point. Here again in my wonderful state, the county right next to ours, a black family 4 brothers and sisters were crossing the street at dusk and a white girl, dance teacher, family had money, hit the children killing 2, placing the other 2 in the hospital for some time, she turned off her lights and took off! Her family hid her and the car for weeks, then finally she got he same lawyer that Sabrina's parents had and now, she got PROBATION, & COMMUNITY SERIVCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Or the because the parents have money and the fact she was a white upper class little beauty queen. Let the same sh*t happen in the ghetto to a poor family and see if it makes national news or gets anywhere near the police attention.
The same thing did happen here as well. Have you not heard about the Aarone Thompson case? She's a little black girl from here as well, who has been missing for nearly 2 years now. That has hit the national media as well...and was even shown on America's Most Wanted.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by teknobunie
Thank you Deb, it helps more than you will ever know.
You're most welcome...we can all use them from time to time. It's my pleasure.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:15 AM

Now...back to the topic at hand.

Horrid Details Emerge In JonBenet Case

This guy has admitted to killing her saying it was an accident and that he loved her. The article also states that his now ex-wife apparently told the police back in 1996 that they were in Alabama when the murder occurred. Could this mean she could be charged with something as well?
Old 08-17-2006, 11:22 AM
jx3

This guy has admitted to killing her saying it was an accident and that he loved her. The article also states that his now ex-wife apparently told the police back in 1996 that they were in Alabama when the murder occurred. Could this mean she could be charged with something as well?
My opinion is that, this is some joker who has followed every little detail about the case and wants his 15 min of fame.

Quick Reply: Arrest Made In Jonbenet Ramsey Murder Case