The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Canada kicks U.S. butt!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
I believe there's been enough bashing on both sides. Congrats to both teams for great games and performances.
10-4!
Old 03-02-2010, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by GTOMIKE
Just think how much you would pay for your gas if all your oil came overseas.

The top five sources of US crude oil imports for December were Canada (2.051 million barrels per day), Mexico (1.063 million barrels per day), Nigeria (1.020 million barrels per day), Saudi Arabia (0.886 million barrels per day), and Venezuela (0.772 million barrels per day). The rest of the top ten sources, in order, were Algeria (0.336 million barrels per day), Iraq (0.325) million barrels per day), Angola (0.266 million barrels per day), Brazil (0.181 million barrels per day), and Colombia (0.179 million barrels per day).
Canada remained the largest exporter of total petroleum in December, exporting 2.649 million barrels per day to the United States, which is an increase from last month (2.527 thousand barrels per day).

Canada is the largest foreign supplier to the US of all forms of power generation – oil and gas, uranium and, of course, electricity. (More than $125B in exports annually.)

Electricity trade, primarily hydropower from Canada to the US, is a key element of this unique market. It is cheap, abundant and clean.
You made my point for me, without the USA to sell your resources to your economy would be worse then it already is. We don't have to get any resources from Canada, its just more convenient since you border us instead of going outside North America.

Canada will never be recognized as a world power, you don't have the money, people or resources to pull it off. End of discussion

Grats on your gold medal
Old 03-02-2010, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
You made my point for me, without the USA to sell your resources to your economy would be worse then it already is. We don't have to get any resources from Canada, its just more convenient since you border us instead of going outside North America.

Canada will never be recognized as a world power, you don't have the money, people or resources to pull it off. End of discussion

Grats on your gold medal
Yeah, we get it! The only reason we stay afloat is because of the generosity from our neighbours in the south

We're very fortunate to have a great friend to keep us from becoming a third world country.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:11 PM

Name:  popcorn.gif
Views: 19
Size:  11.4 KB Name:  popcorn.gif
Views: 19
Size:  11.4 KB
Attached Images
File Type: gif
popcorn.gif (11.4 KB, 42 views)
Old 03-02-2010, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by calgaryhhr
Yeah, we get it! The only reason we stay afloat is because of the generosity from our neighbours in the south

We're very fortunate to have a great friend to keep us from becoming a third world country.
Your starting to catch on, grats.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:13 PM

I live a few miles from the Canadian border. Canadians come here all the time to shop, and Americans go across to Canada for fishing, camping, etc.

We should realize how good it is to have a huge border between us and neither side is lobbing grenades at the other, running across and killing someone and going back, etc. A lot of the world faces such conditions in adjoining countries.

That said, I feel the original title of this thread was unnecessarily provocative (and inaccurate). If it would have said something to the effect of "we did it" instead of "kicks U.S. butt" there probably wouldn't have been any insults hurled back and forth.

Steve
Old 03-02-2010, 12:14 PM

We'd better be nice to the Canadians - we might have to ask them for a loan soon...
Old 03-02-2010, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by fastsuv
I live a few miles from the Canadian border. Canadians come here all the time to shop, and Americans go across to Canada for fishing, camping, etc.

We should realize how good it is to have a huge border between us and neither side is lobbing grenades at the other, running across and killing someone and going back, etc. A lot of the world faces such conditions in adjoining countries.

That said, I feel the original title of this thread was unnecessarily provocative (and inaccurate). If it would have said something to the effect of "we did it" instead of "kicks U.S. butt" there probably wouldn't have been any insults hurled back and forth.

Steve
I agree and most of the people from the USA were ok with the conversation about hockey, friendly argument about hockey, but then you have some stupid Canadian coming in here at post #24 stirring crap up that has nothing to do with hockey.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Founding Member

Well I guess some tried to be nice, but this is not going to get any better. Let's do it again in 4 years.