The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Gas vs Stop/Go
Too many stop signs (gas waster)
54.12%
Not enough stop signs (what about safety?)
2.35%
I like stopping, I can show off my HHR
43.53%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Gas vs Stop/Go

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
Ok, one more strange quirk about the stop light cameras.
Some are located on routes frequented by funeral processions, you know, stay with your group, guess what. You`ll be getting a letter from the city soon, that`s right, a REDLIGHT violation...
Now I`m guessing there`s a way to fight it, but I`m sure it will require you to appear somewhere with proof you were in a procession.
The only way to prove it is to bring the deceased with you in the casket and tell the judge you were following him. It worked for me! (But digging up the casket was a pain. Had to do it night when no one was around. Got some dirt on the courtroom floor and had to clean it up.)
Old 07-07-2008, 08:27 AM

Too Many STOP signs

The answer is "turn-abouts"...as opposed to STOP signs. Other countries use them and they are being experimented with here. Just have to teach peeps how to be courtious and merge.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by boxwiz
The answer is "turn-abouts"...as opposed to STOP signs. Other countries use them and they are being experimented with here. Just have to teach peeps how to be courtious and merge.
The last couple of times I was in Brazil I noticed that almost all stop signs were eliminated except on major roads. Roundabouts were everywhere. They are fantastic for never stopping, but terrible for pedestrians. Imagine ripping out 9 out of ten stop signs/4 way stops, and replacing with a large circle. Just get in where you fit in, it makes you pay more attention and get used to driving as a group instead of an individual. Very savy, very efficient. BTW they use HUGE speed bumps AND red light cameras to keep the speeds down as the roads a quite narrow there (Brasilia/ Goiania). Every car was flex fuel, ethanol was at every pump, and even the Polticians drove econoboxes. Moped Taxis, and significat public transportation systems were everywhere. I'll just say we could use the roundabouts, let them keep everything else, our HHR is a FULL SIZE vehicle there. Actually the 4dr VW polo hatch (golf in the states) is considered full size.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:33 PM

Where I grew up, in Nome, Alaska, most of the stop signs had been shot off the posts. But if you ran one at an intersection, you would get a ticket for running the stop post. LOL!!! It's true!
Old 08-16-2009, 07:33 PM

only have 1 traffic light in my town and just a few stop sides on the side roads.