The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Getting my parts deliveries are a problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 10:52 PM

Arrow Getting my parts deliveries are a problem

Been having issues with deliveries from rock auto here. in the past with all my brake stuff (FEDEX) was leaving my packages at addresses 2 blocks away with other packages being delivered (yes I filed complaints with FEDEX on those issues ... now the USPS is dragging ass? it was supposed to be here friday last week but was showing an earlier date of wednesday. seemed like it was just going in circles in indiana, then finally got to st louis saturday and stopped there since... i could walk to the main post office to get it faster than they can take their smoke breaks..... What the deal with the shipping services?

I only knew about the fedex issue when it said delivered and never got it when another fedex brought half of the order last time because the ladyseen the address wasnt the same but their little handheld device showed to drop it at another location, she actually brought it to the correct address on the package... why didnt the other guy? All my delivery issues are from rock auto orders?
orders from amazon/ups/usps /fedex from elsewhere get here with no issues? things coming from rock auto regardless of carrier seem to get a mix up of some sorts and yes the address is correct... still waiting for my part held hostage with usps ......
Old 01-12-2021, 06:56 AM
Administrator

I suggest you contact the carrier company, RockAuto just uses the address you provided when you ordered. I’ve never had an issue with RockAuto delivery no matter which carrier company I choose, and FedEx for me seems to be the quickest to get packages to me up here in Canada, USPS is second fastest. Both are about 4 business days
Old 01-12-2021, 07:30 AM
Platinum Member

X2. It's most likely FedEx and NOT RockAuto's fault. We get lots of packages. Each week we have at least one issue with the FedEx dummies. Either leave it at the wrong address (actually 3 other neighbors have gotten our stuff), say it was delivered when it wasn't (we track all shipments). Or, lose it all together. We have about a dozen things that got lost by FedEx in shipping and had to be reordered/resent.
And don't get me started on the FedEx drivers that keep running over my border posts at the end of my driveway !!
Funny thing. I don't think I've ever had a RockAuto shipment get "lost". They've all made it here.

Never had problems with the USPS or UPS.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:04 AM
Administrator

I’ve moved this as it really isn’t a vendor issue. It’s a carrier problem.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:08 AM
Premium Member

Just last night I had apackage delivered to my address that belonged to my neighbor on the next block.
Drive, Avenue, whatever.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:36 AM

I have been buying a lot of guitars, parts, amps, etc. etc. for two years. Over the last 4 months or so most of those shipments went screwy. I haven't lost one yet but over 90% were extremely slow, and tracking was a joke. USPS especially...
Old 01-12-2021, 08:55 AM

Nobody listens to the news? I've heard nothing but how the president was intentionally slowing the USPS down and cutting hours. And does the word "Christmas" mean anything to delivery companies? Or, the virus vaccine deliveries?
They have been warning that USPS will be going to 7-10 day delivery for 5 years. Used to be I got mail in 3 days from California, now it takes 7 days from 100 miles away. Heck, even Amazon has gone from 2 days to 3-4 days. Don't even get me started on DHL and UPS consolidated mail; one time UPS tracking showed a package in the local terminal waiting to be transferred to the local P.O. for 5 days
Old 01-12-2021, 08:59 AM

I agree its the shippers BUT its only my Rock Auto orders that are delayed.... every time ! This order supposedly came out of new york which had 2 transfers there, then went into indiana and bounced around for almost a week then finally hit st louis ( which is 15 minutes from me ) and says in transit to designation but bouncing around down there since friday? WTH ? USPS cant be this stupid....
But truthfully, its been order from rockauto thats not getting here in a timely manner since day 1, really whats the deal ?
Everything we order from Amazon and elsewhere has all gotten here early or within a day late, But here I am driving without blinkers waiting on a part that should have been here last week and here we are going on 13 days since order was shipped.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:08 AM
geg

I don't use Rockauto often, but I have never had any complaints about the delivery. At least pretty quickly - from 11 to 20 days, taking into account the flight across the ocean, 1 or 2 transfer points in Europe and customs clearance at the Sheremetyevo terminal (For comparison: spare parts from Moscow are delivered in 9 - 13 days).
I always ask for USPS (it's cheaper) and tracking has never let me down.
Confusion with addresses is probably American specifics, human errors. I don't know what it looks like to spell an address in Missouri, but I travel a lot. In some countries, I saw such a strange address system that my brain simply refused to believe in the reality of what was happening. For fun, take a look at navigating Bali (Indonesia) - it's hell for the postman.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:56 AM

Go to Google news and type in "shipping issues". You'll many articles talking about the massive increase in online ordering and how it backed up all carriers. UPS and FedEx have booth said they were not even scanning packages for a while due to the high volume. One article I read toward the end of the year said it will be several weeks into 2021 before things get back on schedule.

Quick Reply: Getting my parts deliveries are a problem