The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Getting my parts deliveries are a problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Doc brown
Go to Google news and type in "shipping issues". You'll many articles talking about the massive increase in online ordering and how it backed up all carriers. UPS and FedEx have booth said they were not even scanning packages for a while due to the high volume. One article I read toward the end of the year said it will be several weeks into 2021 before things get back on schedule.
Holidays are over, not an excuse for that which I understand....2 weeks out and still the same issues from back in the summer. Online orders are heavier during the holidays yes But this is every time regardless of time of year ( as well as off-seasons ) but why are the issues regardless of carrier from only one vendor ? Are they under some sort of watch/inspections lately?
Old 01-12-2021, 12:21 PM
Administrator

It might be the split of the country for UPS and FedEx for the vaccine shipments, but that just started in early January.
I have noted shipping information shipped from Detroit to St Louis then Memphis and up to Chicago to Montreal then Welland.
Still only took 5 business days.
Old 01-12-2021, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
It might be the split of the country for UPS and FedEx for the vaccine shipments, but that just started in early January.
I have noted shipping information shipped from Detroit to St Louis then Memphis and up to Chicago to Montreal then Welland.
Still only took 5 business days.
I signed up for notifications on my phone from USPS... now this has been in the St Louis hub since friday.... just got a notice just now that it just arrived at the ST Louis hub ???? No its not an error, as it came from Indiana and arrived friday per the USPS , then updated saturday again for the USPS hub in St Louis ( the hub is the main office downtown as I am familiar with it and have friends that work there ) so what is this new update of the same Hub ? OMG ...... It should have been here at the Arnold branch for delivery already, this is just freaking insane .

* friends wouldnt know the tracking stuff, they are Fleet mechanics there. Wish they did and snag my crap for me
Old 01-12-2021, 07:04 PM

They got to be playing tag football with the package... within 20 minutes another notice it has departed. I assume headed this way? we shall see.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:11 PM

New York was where my deliveries had issues. Anything going through or coming from the state of NY, would just circle around the state for a week or 2. Everything eventually showed up. Well, almost everything, there was a bike for salvation army that never showed up, Amazon.

My girlfriend ordered something for her daughter from China, shipped by Yellow Connex. It came into the country on time, to Georgia. Went through customs,... Then sat in their facility in Georgia.. For A MONTH!! It finally showed up.

Don't recall any issues from Rockauto. Haven't ordered anything from them since well before the holiday season.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:16 PM
Platinum Member

Maybe so. I'll bet they are playing tag football with some socks I ordered for my wife before Christmas.
Tracking that package showed it at the hub in Georgia for several weeks ! Still haven't seen that one yet. (Bass Pro did send an expedited replacement that was here in 2 days)
Old 01-13-2021, 08:40 AM
geg

some kind of nonsense is going on with you ...coronavirus is mowing down the people, some people are storming the Capitol, the impeachment of the president and the hunt for his supporters as witches and all this against the backdrop of Christmas and New YearTo top it all off, Rokauto is in a fever.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:58 AM

Well got 2 more notifications late last night, then 2 more this morning, apparently it is here and out for delivery... Ive never seen tracking this jumbled ever ! It is only one hub and out of there to here but its really like they are passing it through multiple scanners or something and no clue where it goes, next thing its enroute to here and on the truck for delivery the next minute? Crazy ! well, we shall see soon.

I sent out 12 christmas cards 12/08/2020 half were delivered ( Washington, Arizona, Missouri, NY ) and the ones going to S Carolina and Florida didnt get delivered til 1/08/2021.... a freaking month ?!?!?!?! Really ? So, glad I waited to ship out the sausages to a friend in SC. Now, Im wondering if I need to overnight this stuff?
Old 01-13-2021, 11:38 AM

I had a similar situation a few months ago where it "left the hub" 5 times over a 3 day period.

The explanation given was that this usually happens when the package (which is at the hub) has an address which can't be read by the automated scanner which scans it as it gets ready to be loaded onto the outgoing truck. When the package left the holding area in the hub it was scanned and logged as "left the hub" with the assumption it was leaving. Since it couldn't be scanned successfully, the scanner rejects it and it is put aside. Rejected packages are then sent back through the scanner that rejected it already. Every time they send it back through the scanner, even though it gets rejected, it logs it as "left the hub". Eventually the scanner successfully scans it or they stop putting it through and manually enter the address.

The label on my package looked OK to me when I got it, so maybe that scanner was having issues.

Steve
Old 01-13-2021, 11:40 AM

As an added note, I found the explanation online from a retired postal employee that supervised a hub before retirement.

When I actually called the hub where it was stuck, they claimed they were short employees due to Covid and that was the reason.

So take your pick as to the real reason.

Steve

Quick Reply: Getting my parts deliveries are a problem