The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Getting my parts deliveries are a problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 12:25 PM
Platinum Member

Was talking to my regular FedEx guy one day about a missing package that tracking showed as "Delivered".
He said that day he was overloaded so he transferred some of the packages from his truck to an extra delivery van that his helper uses.
Here's the problem: He scans all those extra packages as being delivered when they go from his truck to the van ! WTH ?
Scanned as delivered even before the helper started up the van.
That's another way tracking can be useless.

FYI. They "found" our delivered package 5 days later.........Yep. At a neighbors house.
Old 01-13-2021, 05:15 PM

Well, it finally came today while i was out. I just came in from swapping it and making sure it works ( less than 5 minutes to do ) super easy swap.
I took the old one apart out of curiosity to see if it was fixable... nope, the little white cam piece was broke off just like the youtube videos showed. so it would have been useless for me to try beforehand anyways...oh well.
So, every thing works as it should again, not having blinkers when you need them sucks.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:05 AM
Platinum Member

Well. I've got another package that FedEx/USPS have in "limbo" somewhere. Ordered on the 13th. Tracking showed it to be delivered on the 17th by the end of the day.
After it didn't arrive, I checked tracking again. It now shows Pending with the package in Wisconsin. No delivery date available. This morning shows the same Pending message.
I checked with the retailer and they said it had been picked up by the shipper (FedEx)

I'm really starting to dislike FedEx.................
Old 01-21-2021, 07:35 AM
Administrator

Delivery of packages seems to be strangely complicated! I ordered an item on December 25, and today the UPS tracking number still shows that the shipper has created a label, nothing about where it is, when I can expect to receive it, nothing. Very disappointing.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:33 AM

So far I have received any packages from Fed Ex,UPS and USPS, I have two more coming so will see lol
BUT the tracking info from their web site is another story !
Many time show just a Shipping Label made for a few days,no other info then package shows up,

And a few times a package was in limbo 3 to 5 days before moving ,
Old 03-03-2021, 04:12 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Maybe so. I'll bet they are playing tag football with some socks I ordered for my wife before Christmas.
Tracking that package showed it at the hub in Georgia for several weeks ! Still haven't seen that one yet. (Bass Pro did send an expedited replacement that was here in 2 days)
Those lost socks actually showed up the other day ! Only took FedEx 2.5 months to get them delivered.
Oh well. Did get them for free since Bass Pro had sent a replacement set back before Xmas.

Funny thing. Ordered an alternator for my Dodge Truck from Rockauto. That package(via FedEx) ,"circled" the same Georgia area for 2 weeks before it finally made it here 5 days ago.
Have another Rockauto order that FedEx has circling around Ohio for the last 4 days. Wonder when it will arrive.
Old 03-03-2021, 06:29 AM

Not car parts, but I bought a vintage guitar a week ago and UPS had it here the next day. No special express shipping or anything, just luck. Sometime things just align...
Old 03-03-2021, 08:35 PM
Platinum Member

And I had 2 relatives both in different states email me a Thank You for their Christmas Cards they just got in the last 2 days. Mailed on Dec 15th/ 2020.

Ain't that special.

What I find frustrating is getting a Fed EX Box delivered & just dumped on the porch. I didn't know it was out there, till I was on the computer & read it was delivered. Glad Porch Pirates are not a big thing out here so far.

Old 04-06-2021, 05:26 PM

Not making excuses for FedEx...but it's insanely busy. It's been that way for a solid year now. Peak season is only supposed to be 5 weeks from November to December. But times have changed for now...and peak season is constant.

I can see the carriers...who are not FedEx employees but independent drivers dropping the packages on the porch and moving on. They are delivering more packages than ever. And they honestly don't know who is home vs who is not and it would slow them down greatly if they waited to see if someone is home or not.

I have had packages left on my porch for a week by FedEx because I was away from home longer than expected. Luckily I have enough planters and such it distracts the front porch.

Is their delivery process right? That's not for me to decide. All shipments are insured if you don't receive your package. I just know y'all are making package handlers and delivery drivers physically exhausted!

Did I tell y'all I took a job at FedEx for good insurance? It's nothing for me to scan 4,000 packages in four hours. And I see plenty of Rockauto packages every night.

Just to give you an idea of the volume we are processing. One night in my department we scanned, sorted and bagged 25,000 small packages. That night there were only 8 of us in a four hour period. 💪

The Purple Promise..."I will make every FedEx Experience Outstanding”.

Well...I try to do my part.

Last edited by Ronnie; 04-07-2021 at 04:17 AM.
Old 04-06-2021, 09:13 PM
Platinum Member

Ronnie- Congrats on the new job. Don't let them kill ya. They will try..

Quick Reply: Getting my parts deliveries are a problem