The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Jack in the Box?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 09:02 PM

Jack in the Box? Tracking the Ripper

I have been conducting 2 parallel lines of research.

One paranormal... one theatrical. This week the two crossed and became one.

One line of research I have been conducting is a variation on EVP ( Electronic Voice Phenomina ); that takes a sound file or a live sound source and filters it for EVPs (spirit voices) then runs this filtered audio though a spectrograph. This allows one to see the audio as a visual image.

What if we could take the premise of EVP to the next level... use this sound to see images of spirits?

This is what that looks like....

Looking closely under the letters es in images you will see a woman that appears to be holding a steering wheel. Did she pass away in a car crash? Possibly.

Extrapolating on this after a few months of study I started asking myself "Can I capture the image of a spirit called into the experiment"?

So I started trying that this week. More on this in a bit.

Now for the other line of research.... theatrical.... I'm researching "The Whitechaple Murders" for a performance in October and possibly again in November.

Jack the Ripper... who was he... was it a he?... or a them?.... was he ever caught? Was there a cover up? Why the mutilations?

Four women are known victims... one is doubted.... 3 others very unlikely.

Mary Ann (Polly) Nichols, murdered Friday, August 31, 1888.
Annie Chapman, murdered Saturday, September 8, 1888.
Elizabeth Stride, murdered Sunday, September 30, 1888.
Catharine Eddowes, also murdered that same date.
Mary Jane (Marie Jeanette) Kelly, murdered Friday, November 9, 1888.

Of these; there is doubt that Elizabeth Stride was an actual Ripper victim.

There is one woman; Martha Tabram, who was murdered Tuesday, August 7, 1888 that experts believe was probably the first victim of Bloody Jack.

There are 3 others that might possibly have been unfortunate additions to this gruesome list.

There is good evidence that points to a Physician, or Surgeon as the stalker of London's East End that deadly fall of 1888. Skill and precision of the horrific work done in the night.

This is where my two paths crossed... A paranormal investigation reaching a century and a quarter back in time... and half a world away.

- to be continued-

Last edited by Haunted_Hot_Rod; 07-26-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:38 PM

- continued -

Is it possible to reach back in time and across the veil into the Spirit World and track one of the most infamous and mysterious killers to have shed human blood?

This is what I am in the process of attempting.

I start my journey looking at >>> Doctor Thomas Neill Cream <<<

He was charged and found guilty of the death of Matilda Clover, and was sentenced to hang on November 15, 1892.
It was there that he would perform his last (and perhaps most inexplicable) action --
he is said to have uttered "I am Jack..." as the noose fell taut and squeezed the life out of his body.
As the Ripper murder scare was still in full force, the immediate assumption was that Cream had confessed to being Jack the Ripper.
One problem... Cream was serving a prison sentence from 1881 to 1891 in Joliet, Illinois.

I'll leave it to you to read the details.. or not.

Time to step into the shadows and reach out to 1888 and try and track a killer.

July 21, 2012

Having found a sound file that shows a wide spectrum of dark to light, I set up the computer for my first session.

Thus far I have not spoken during my spectrograph sessions, and acted merely as an observer. Like watching wildlife from a blind and taking pictures of what wanders past. I was learning and fine tuning my process.

That night I was thinking about Jack and the victims.

I had been watching the graph for about 20 minute when an image sweeps onto the screen that has the hair on my arms and the nape of my neck on end and goose flesh rising.

I froze for a split second. Then realized I had to move quick to grab a screen capture.

This is what I captured during that fist experiment.

Is this Thomas Neill Cream looking out from the Spirit World and across better than a century of time...

...Time as we know it anyway.

- to be continued -

Last edited by Haunted_Hot_Rod; 07-26-2012 at 11:09 PM.