The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

More GM recalls for airbags but not for the HHR

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 12:51 PM

Exclamation More GM recalls for airbags but not for the HHR

There's another list of cars with defective airbag wires and sensors but the HHR isnt on the list again..this story just popped up on yahoo and I found it a little sad that GM would rather pay off for people being killed in wrecks then do a mass recall to fix their defective mexican made cars..

"About 1.18 million Buick Enclave and GMC Acadia models from the 2008-2013 model years, Chevrolet Traverse from the 2009-2013 model years, and Saturn Outlook from the 2008-2010 model years. GM says if these SUVs have an air bag warning light illuminated that’s not serviced within a couple of months, the side air bags could fail to deploy in a crash. Dealerships will fix the problem by removing a wiring connector and soldering the wires together."

My 2009 HHR service air bag light has been on for a year and we dont drive the car, GM will not do a thing for free and want me to pay $98 for a diagnostic (plug the car into the computer) then an hourly charge until the find the problem then pay for parts..

Just the fact that they have people monitoring these web sites and replying to the problems shows they know this is a wide spred problem..too bad they will not fix their defective cars for free with unlimited milages like chrysler did for their steering clockgear/airbag issue..

The tax payers that bailed them out of bankruptcy and bought their cars are the ones being killed by their defective junk and lack of customer service..

I know Ill be buying another brand next time.

Last edited by 843de; 03-17-2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Edited for spelling and grammer, had a stiff drink.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:23 PM
Platinum Member

What do you expect? It's off warranty, so of course they will want you to pay for it. That is the way it works.

What makes you think your problem is at all related to the recall on the other vehicles? We haven't seen any widespread instances of airbag issues here,.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by beachbummm
Just the fact that they have people monitoring these web sites and replying to the problems shows they know this is a wide spred problem..
What do you base that on?? All manufacturers use some sort of social media department, which is all that is, and GM based websites aren't the only ones that are being 'monitored'. Their participation on most websites is fairly useless and non productive in that they can't accomplish anything for you that you couldn't accomplish yourself but that's JMO.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:59 PM

yes, search air bag and they will turn up, all the parts are the same no matter what car they are in, if they recall one they should recall ALL..its common sense.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:04 PM

Moved to the Lounge, since it has nothing to do with HHRs.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:04 PM

as I mentioned Chrysler fixed millions of cars from 1996 to 2004 for free...GM will not even look at the car without getting paid..When we had a Toyota and made a simple request on their facebook site a rep contacted me and asked when I could bring the car in to have it looked at...there was NO CHARGE and the horn repair was free as they knew a ground wire had a rust issue..FREE fix within an hour.Ill be going back to Toyota after I unload this lemon..GM knows and has known about these defective airbags for years, just check all the web boards, issues go back to 2007 and the HHR came out in 2006, you do the math
Old 03-17-2014, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Moved to the Lounge, since it has nothing to do with HHRs.
LOL you must work for GM...
try moving it to problems,repairs and defective junk ..heres all the other posts about the HHR defective airbags you people could not find on your own board..

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/sear...archid=2304438
Old 03-17-2014, 03:49 PM

I said it has NOTHING to do with HHRs because that is in your thread TITLE, and then in your first sentence.

I have absolutely no affiliation with GM, unless my inherited IRA happens to have bought it low. I will not even buy parts from them unless I actually must, and I research every one of those to make sure.

If you think whining and complaining on this forum does anything to further your cause, please reconsider. The only official GM presence here is the Social Media marketing folks that joined just like you did.

"The Lounge" is open to anyone to look at just as is "General HHR".

I have owned 2 KIAs and am still alive. The only complaint I had is the crumple zones worked too well. A low speed T-bone crumpled the left front fender causing a total loss of a car with 11,000 miles, if it had been a '57 Chevy a new fender would have fixed the car, but my wife would have been in recovery for a month.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:27 PM
Deceased

Before I close this thread, I do have to ask the OP one patently obvious question.

What part of having an illuminated air bag warning for a year, and refusing to have it diagnosed and repaired in a timely manner makes any sense to you?