The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

My girlfriend and her transport

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 06:14 PM

If they truely don't/didn't have the title then as stated before it becomes a legal issue.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Banned

so one way or another, it would seem as though we are going to end up in court over this.. awesome..
Old 01-30-2011, 06:22 PM

Sounds like a big f'd up situation. The dealership should have had the title put in her name when she purchased the vehicle and a "memoranda" (copy of title for registration purposes) sent to her so she could get license plates. Once that has been done then the title should have been sent to said finance company to hold until the loan is paid in full. If the dealership never had a title for the vehicle in the first place, then you would think that the whole transaction would be illegal and void?? Like I said, sounds like a big f'd up mess she has gotten into. And on a side not, using plates on a vehicle from another vehicle is a big hefty fine!!
Old 01-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Banned

djr I know man.. but driving without them at all isn't much better! Especially with no Proof of Ownership. Or insurance and such.
Yeah, so it sounds like court time is coming..
Old 01-30-2011, 06:29 PM

She should stop driving this vehicle all together. If she gets pulled over she is in another mess.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Banned

If she does that, she loses her job, her apt, her car.. etc.. she doesnt have much other choice.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:36 PM

There are other ways to get to work. They might not be the best options but there are ways. It would be pure stupidity to continue to drive the vehicle at this time in my opinion.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Deceased

I'm afraid that in the interim she should look for alternate transportation like a fellow worker to carpool with. She should also sit down with her boss/supervisor and explain the situation, if they are decent they can give her some leeway in the schedule or even pair her up with a ride.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:40 PM

1151 - Sound like you have a dealership that is playing the same game that a couple of dealerships down here did and got busted for - one guy got some pretty good jail time for it. I would be looking to see if other people are having the same problem as your girl friend is having. Also, I would get some branch of law enforcement involved and possibly the Better Business Bureau. This is the scenario that was happing down here before they got busted. One - the dealership was getting people to trade in their used vehicles for newer used vehicles. Two - he would get local banks to finance the newer vehicle and would not pay off the loans of the trade in vehicles. Three - he would then resell the trade in vehicles knowing that they would not be able to be titled. And Finally - he would start giving people the run around about the titles and that would last for months. It finally came out what he was doing and some people in the end lost their vehicles back to the banks that held the original title. Also, several of the vehicles he had and had sold were in fact “Stolen” vehicles. Hope you have better luck than the unfortunate people down here. Best of Luck.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:42 PM
Banned

Well, we spend a lot of time together, and she isn't friends with anyone else at work. There are 350+ of us. None of which she knows or lives near.. and they won't schedule us with corresponding shifts..

Most of the time, I am the one doing the driving. But when she has to go to and from work, she has to drive sometimes. The only time she drives is when she is in her Officer's uniform.. so idk..

Quick Reply: My girlfriend and her transport