The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Think I lost a friend, last Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
I think you made the correct decision.

It's too bad if the friendship ends because your friend is upset that you did want to get involved in this web he is spinning.

I would have to agree ....... couldnt say it any better......

Thing people forget is.......what if .... then you might have been in trouble for helping. You have to protect you and your family.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:44 AM

Now that your friend came back there is hope for the friendship.

It's not easy to lose a friend, but it is better to not have him as a friend then to let him take advantage of you and ask you to break the law.

It's a shame that your "friend" didn't teach his son that when the going get's tough, financially, you start by selling off your assets to stay afloat and to only declare bankruptcy as a last resort, not as a way to relinquish responsibility.

Your fiend should be a parent and tell his son to start by selling his extravagances (house, ATVs, boat, trailers). These are things you get when you have enough money to support yourself and then some. If you cannot support yourself then start by getting more money from the items you have laying around. Seems like common sense.

Maybe the whole economic decline will cause for better morals and ethics to get installed into people as a necessity. I don't know why it would but you never know.

...We can only hope.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by GTOMIKE
Is it that easy in the U.S. to buy a house for $500,000 on that income and still get credit on top.No wonder real estate has gone down the drain the U.S. banks were too carefree with loans.
Bingo. Subprime heaven. Not any more. Wait until China wants repayment of that trillion dollars they paid for some of our debt.

Originally Posted by orbitalrage
It's a shame that your "friend" didn't teach his son that when the going get's tough, financially, you start by selling off your assets to stay afloat and to only declare bankruptcy as a last resort, not as a way to relinquish responsibility.
Agree. Sell off the excess baggage and come back to reality. Needs are more important than wants or toys.

OP, you did the right thing. Your friend knew it was wrong when he came to ask you. Somebody needs to stop enabling these people.