The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Should Toyota be in NASCAR?
Yes
39.86%
No
60.14%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Toyota in NASCAR

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 12:37 AM

I dislike the common template bodies and think they should be more stock. They are all so much alike now, not only in body styles, but engines as well. Mandating what gears they can use takes away from competitive racing as well. Making them all so similar takes all the fun out of the competition.

As for the defending champ being included in "The Chase" I'm all for it. They still use the Past Champions provisional for qualifying for a race...so why not let the defending champ be included. No just saying that because I'm a Tony Stewart fan...it just seems to be the right way to do it. They should also include the leading rookie candidate too, although this year, he's already in. That Denny Hamlin sure has done a good job this year for sure...2nd in points has got to be pretty exciting for that kid.

As I have said before, I don't see anything wrong with Toyota in NASCAR. It's worked in the truck series quite well. Back in the day they ran every kind of make that was available...why not now?
Old 10-05-2006, 01:49 AM

Not that I care about Nascar anymore, But why are people still posting in this??? Hell, I just don't give a rats arse. I'd rather see World Rally Championship.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by DJNateGnau
Not that I care about Nascar anymore, But why are people still posting in this??? Hell, I just don't give a rats arse. I'd rather see World Rally Championship.
Lots of people would like to see WRC, but from what I've heard the WRC folks wanted to charge Speed Channel a lot more money for the coverage.

If you want to see what I feel would be "NASCAR done correctly", watch some footage of the Austrailian V8 Supercar series.
The cars actually look like the street versions of the same car. It's only Ford and Holden (GMs Aussie division), but it's good racing.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by DJNateGnau
I'm sorry it doesn't interest you, but it does others on the forum so they post here. The music threads don't interest me, so I don't post in them. Not everything on the forum is going to interest 100% of the members, which is fine, because it would be pretty boring if we all liked exactly the same thing.

If World Rally Championship is your thing, by all means start a thread. Those who are interested will surely reply...and those like myself who don't follow it will cruise on by and let you enjoy something your thread.

BTW...you did start this thread.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:46 AM

Nothing wrong with Nascar, same as Football, Basketball, Music, etc......
What ever floats the boats for the ones that are intrested.
I lost intrest in Nascar years ago, but I like to read the Threads and see what is going on. In fact I read all of the threads, even if I am not intrested in them, or if it is something happening in CA. I'm in FL. My 2cents worth.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:55 PM

Nascar is not about racing anymore. It's about PROFIT, selling tickets, commercials, and merchandice. I think once Sterling retires I might start watching another racing series.

Last edited by Grohlinator; 10-28-2006 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:18 PM

Cool

I HATE IMPORT CARS

Old 10-28-2006, 07:34 PM

you are driving one.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:45 PM

I wish NASCAR would return to "Out of the Showroom" Stock Car Racing like it was back in the '50s, 60s, and 70s.! With added interior safety features of course. It was much more interesting and exciting to watch back then.(To me anyway!!) All they are now are race cars with phony bodies covering them. There's no longer anything "Stock" about stock car racing. The Sprints and Midgets are much more fun to watch, but much more hard to find racing, at least in this area.
I wouldn't mind seeing Toyotas and Hondas mixing it up with Fords and Chevys out on the track if they were all really Stock .
Old 10-31-2006, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
No American manufacturer sucks! What about the Viper, or the Charger, or the Magnum. I could go on and on with all of the good Dodge cars over the years but anyone who knows anything about cars will get my point. Hell, we wouldn't have had so many great muscle cars if Dodge weren't in the game. Sure they had some bad cars over the years like the Shadow but every car they have made is better than any Toyota.
Toyota:

Quick Reply: Toyota in NASCAR