The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Union employees on strike against Verizon

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 09:47 AM

Union employees on strike against Verizon

The CWA called for a strike against Verizon on Saturday evening. The company considers it's unionized employees lazy and greedy, yet Verizon's recently retired CEO averaged over $77,000 every CALENDAR day over the past 5 years. Please support these working men and women who are part of our diminishing middle class. Feel free to contact me if you'd like to know more about this serious situation.

Mike, a lazy and greedy union employee.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Deceased

It hasn't been covered too well by the press in light of the issues on Wall Street, thanks to the S&P downgrading of the country's bond rating we're headed for another potential economic collapse.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:07 AM

What exactly are they stricking for? What the CEO of a company makes has no bearing on what other employees make. If that is their grip, that union should just go after every other company in the world....

Can't support a union.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:19 AM

Thumbs down

What exactly are they stricking for? What the CEO of a company makes has no bearing on what other employees make. If that is their grip, that union should just go after every other company in the world....

Can't support a union.

CEO's salary do not have anything to do with employee salaries. If the workers have all the great skill sets needed to manage a company, a department or any business, they will advance. Far too many feel entitled to a high salary just because they show up for work.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:00 AM

This is what we're striking for. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/0...ike?via=blog_1

With Billions in profit, and C level executive compensation what they are, I don't see how a corporation can boo hoo about how bad their situation is.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Banned

This makes me ashamed to own a Verizon phone!
Old 08-08-2011, 01:14 PM

Good luck with your efforts. It is unfortunate that most companies care only about the bottom line and are totally willing to do anything to make a little more money, including shafting those that do the actual work.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:43 PM

As soon as the companies don't watch the bottom line they will become another steel industry of the rust belt areas of the states, There are no more steel industries in the states, no more steel workers and no more steel workers union.

The auto industry in the US will be the next major employee that will fade away as long as the workers demand more and more, driving up the cost of the product they build so that fewer and fewer can afford them.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:36 PM

No union support here, either, and I'll leave it at that.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Old Lar

Can't support a union.

CEO's salary do not have anything to do with employee salaries. If the workers have all the great skill sets needed to manage a company, a department or any business, they will advance. Far too many feel entitled to a high salary just because they show up for work.
"CEO's salary do not have anything to do with employee salaries."

If you think that's true, then you better take a course in Economics. Tell me that a CEO is worth 24.3 million a year. Where does that money come from - me (in this case an overcharged Verizon customer), the employees that work there, and the stockholders.

Those same selfish people outsource our decent, fair paying jobs overseas to save a couple bucks an hour per employee, yet these same upper level people get stock options on the backs of stock holders, ruin our country by creating non-livable wages.

I own my business, and am ashamed of our selfish generation of 50ish people who just take from workers and sell out our country every day.

And... they're laughing at you that defend them. They don't give a damn about the real workers in this country.

Last edited by AJochum; 08-08-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Union employees on strike against Verizon