Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

30000 mile 2 year 489.00 ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 02:54 PM

30000 mile service

I'm at the dealer right now for my 30000 mile service. They wanted to sell me the complete service which was $299. I had a coupon for a $20 oil and filter change. I told them that I would rotate the tires myself. I told them that an alignment and balancing of the tires was not needed. I'll have the alignment done when I buy a new set of balanced tires in about 6 to 8 thousand miles. Oh, by the way, the $20 coupon includes topping off the fluids and a complete vehicle check. About the only thing I need to check is the air filter. Thanks for all the input on this forum. You guys are great!
Old 06-28-2010, 09:32 PM

Cool

First let say I have had nothing but good experiences with the GM dealers in my area, Akron OH. This includes Wise Chevy, Laria Chevy Buick, Loudonville Motor Co.
Having said this, I can't help but repeat my late fathers words. You can't be be taken advantage of without your permission. This from a man who owned a DeSoto Plymouth Dealership & sold cars, insurance & securities for many years.
I drive away from Akron & deal with small town Dealers. If they're crooks, word gets out fast. Those big lot guys on TV have to pay for there overhead somehow. Know where the money comes from?
I get under my car to change the oil, & look around. I look for leaks on the driveway too.
I drive with the Radio off every day so I can hear the car run.
And most of all I listen to what the other fellow is saying. Service Advisors are SALESMAN, they get paid on volume. Know your car & keep your money.
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.