Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

AC Delco Oil Filter

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 04:48 PM

AC Delco Oil Filter

SO this most recent oil change I decided to go a different route; OEM AC Delco Filter and Mobil 1...... Immediately noticed that with the AC Delco oil filter I found myself having trouble getting the filter aligned correctly in the cap... I later found out this is because the AC Delco filter fits in the cap MUCH more snug than any other filter I used before, mostly Napa gold. The Delco also appears much "beefier" than others and other filters seemed to not fit as tight in the cap, meaning they seemed to just kind of sit in there and you could easily twist them and move them side to side.....Delco also seems to have thicker plastic bits with visually less filter media but due to the fit I am guessing it would work better. So far so good and we will see! I think I will start using the OEM filters from now on! Also, this was the first oil change I did without changing the cap O-ring... Boy did that feel naughty HAHA .
Old 03-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Technical Moderator

This the type of post that SHOULD be tacked onto a similar thread.

Like this one, among 734 others.
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/main...facture-52744/

Closed because I don't feel like reading through anymore "mine is better than yours" debates.