Mods - Exterior Discussion related to the looks of the exterior of the HHR.

look at this bumper

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Platinum Member

Mine is # 27 of only 425 in the last year..(all documented)... Also only year HD used a Disc front brake, & (auto-style) E-Brake..

& that Big Delco-Remy Alternator is stock.. Although I replaced mine with a chromed 1 wire version....

This current Servi-Car I've owned since the early 80's..

Yes I have double chains, primary & secondary.. My 45" I have bored & stroked to just over 55", with a C/R of 7:1, cams re-ground by Jim Leineweber for a torque grind), stainless chevy 6 cylinder modified valves.. You name it, it's in there...Total Seal gapless 2nd rings.
Also changed the motor sprocket from the stock 22T to a 33T, it can hit 70mph.

My first Servi-car was a 1947 very poorly chopped, but I bought it that way as a kid then.

fwiw: on Servi-Cars, last year HD used a Springer was 1957, then for 58 they began using the Hydra-Glide front ends, w/fixed rake triple tress..
Attached Images  

Last edited by sleeper; 12-26-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:27 PM

O o
Old 12-26-2011, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by geg
Grizzly reminded me of a guy who spent a lot of money on tuning his Mercedes. He conceived of a deep modernization, he improved the engine, transmission and clutch. His goal was to instantaneous start + stormy set speed.
In late autumn, I noticed his Mercedes is not used. When we met I asked him: "Finally, you destroy your missile?"
No! The missile is in order! But I can not leave the parking, as an idiot!
The sharp cooling and freezing. It turned out that his car was just not able to catch hold of icy soil. Wheels silly spinning, but the car is stationary. The guy tried to gently press on the gas - it is useless. He tried to start the second transmission - the same effect. He waited for the thaw 2 weeks, but the Winter has its rights and the ice is not melted. He was forced to call tow truck and tow the car to a repair shop to install winter tires. Unfortunately, winter tires are not much better. Start the car is possible but very uncomfortable. Not only pure asphalt. Any traffic light - the torments of hell. Small rise or glacial ridge - spoiled the mood for the day.
The guy waited for the summer and sold his Mercedes.
Geg - I just enjoy reading your material! The guy builds a car that runs so fast he can't get out of the parking lot! He just needed chains... wonder how they hold the road at 150 mph?