Mods - Exterior Discussion related to the looks of the exterior of the HHR.

WeatherTech Rain Deflectors Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 10:55 AM

WeatherTech in channels are the full rear window coverage. I've had these on mine for about 3 years or so, and love them. yeah, it's a bit tight when washing to clean the very top of the window, but it's no big deal. The in channel typically last much longer, as eventually the glue will break down on the stick on ones, especially if you live somewhere warm/sunny. I wouldn't run anything else personally. WeatherTechs are much pricier than other in channels even, but for the look and quality, with full rear door window coverage, I paid about $100 (not sure what they are now), and even today, i'd pay $100 for another set if i had another HHR.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:26 AM

I have the external peal and stick weather Techs. They have been on my HHR for a few years now. If I had any color other than black I would have went with the in channel ones.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by -md- HHR
I have the external peal and stick weather Techs. They have been on my HHR for a few years now. If I had any color other than black I would have went with the in channel ones.
WeatherTech doesn't sell peel-n-stick deflectors....there are a lot of companies that do though.

I have only WeatherTech in-channel vent visors on all of my vehicles. The biggest difference is that the WeatherTechs are a thick acrylic that then gets a machined lip. The fit is awesome. The stick on visors, for the most part, are vacuum-formed plastic that just doesn't stand up to a lot of abuse (road debris).

My parents had gotten AVS (auto vent shade / Lund) visors years ago for their car. The first stone that hit one blew a hole right through it. Dealing with the tape and buying another front set to replace the one was a PITA.

I found my HHR WeatherTech visors recently for just $80. Even at a reduced price, they aren't cheap, but they definitely exude quality.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by MikeRuth
Mine are In channell and look like your second picture.
for those asking, Mine installed easily and have been in place now for 5 years!
No problems at all.

Mike R
I called WeatherTech before ordering online, and they cover the full window in the back.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:20 PM

Weather tech ftw (for the win)
I thought about putting venvisors on my lt did not like the look
I saw
Bought my hhr ss last week and it came with weather techs they look great and are flush to the car look like the factory installed them
I will buy weather tech from this point forward