Mods - Interior Discussion related to the looks of the interior of the HHR.

Carbon Fiber Interior Dipped Parts

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Rainman
Great idea, spoke with Jeff this morning, going to send him a couple things next week and see how they come out, I'll post pictures when its done.

What pattern did you use for the black carbon fiber 137 or 230

Thanks agian for the link
I believe it was the silver 137. But the Gold tone looked pretty amazing too. The gold gave a more subtle carbon fiber pattern. I hope you end up as happy as me. Turn around is about 3 weeks from the day you mail it to them. Not bad since the real CF would be more like 3 months.

Originally Posted by 843de
Not quite my cup of tea Adam, but they did come out great.
These dipped parts are not for everyone. I have some black leather seats with blue suede centers (that will go in, I figure spring time), and I thought this would all pull it together. The G8 interior is boring GM. A step above basic, but still a lot of plastic.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:49 AM

Car has been in the shop a month to the day today. Should be done any time now. I don't like the extended time frames because most stuff comes from Aussie Land.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:25 PM

Just got the car back. Its nasty and raining out. I am still going to try and get some of this, if not all of it done today. I will get pictures if it is not too dark out when I am done. I hope to have the dash taken apart and put back together in the next few hours, so you can see the finished product. Wish me luck!
Old 11-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Premium Member

ok good luck
Old 11-16-2011, 04:52 PM

Well I am done for now. If you live in PA, or The NE, you know by 5:15 its now pitch black outside. It was a slow pace that I worked at with the rain and all. Will get it all done within the next 48 hours since I am pretty tied up all day tomorrow. I got the center stack and all done, but the pics are not looking great. Would rather take them during daylight to show how amazing it looks. Would finish in the garage but on crutches I can't get around my other cars real well while doing this work.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:16 PM

As promised, here are the pictures I said I would post. If you have any questions, let me know. I think it looks great, some might think too much blue, some may not like the pattern. I think it made the car look amazing. Cleaned up the interior, making it less drab and boring. Now I do know this will not be for everyone, but it was something I wanted to do, and think it was worth it. This looks a lot better in person.

I did find it is hard as hell to photograph the entire dash in one shot, the reason the doors are open. I have my blue LED strips on in a few shots. Again, may not be your taste, but they are tastefully installed (and with the entire dash apart, they are properly run and tied into the wire looms) and have a toggle switch for each section. I would like feedback though. I think the transition between blue to black is amazing.

I have tired the Di-Noc CF print, and it does not even compare to this. The fit and finish is amazing. I did not have to sand down or grind anything for the parts to piece back together. Which shows how well they applied the paint and the clear coat, allowing things like the tight fitting air vents to fit right back in place.

Enjoy the shots! And sorry, the car is not up to par with my cleaning standards. I just wanted to get the shots taken ASAP while it was light out as well.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:51 PM

looks real good adam they do a really good job
Old 11-18-2011, 06:05 PM

^ Thanks man
Old 11-18-2011, 06:42 PM
Deceased

Looks great Adam!

Hopefully once the Caprice PPV's start rolling out in numbers the parts availability for Aussie built Pontiac models will improve, same platform and all.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:47 PM

yeah I like the center stack they have for the PPV. It is changed up some. I would take it in a heartbeat. Thanks for the comp.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Interior Dipped Parts