Mods - Interior Discussion related to the looks of the interior of the HHR.

dash removal for color change? plus a few other interior questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 05:18 PM

great, thanks for the info that dash top is the last piece i need.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:10 AM

just curious but what is it that is the interference when doing a rear seat conversion on a Panel? I started putting the black leather interior in and they dont touch (even close) the "panel" door panels anywhere . . . or did i mis understand something somewhere. I grabbed a set of black rear door panels to get by with till i can get around to putting the nicer ones in. I hate to say this but i never actually liked leather seats but this is a nice upgrade with the heat (i grabbed the dash control and installed it). Who knows i may put in the black cloth ones if these do not grow on me

still have to do the upper rear panels and a few other misc pieces here and there

Old 05-18-2019, 12:42 PM

It's the other way around. If you try to put a storage bin in a non-panel then the bin would hit the door panel. The door panel on a panel is thinner than a regular door panel.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:19 PM

ahh . . . i mis understood that. Glad it worked in my favor . . . I installed the seat heat button panel and plugged the leather seats into the wires that ran to the cloth ones but they do not seem to be working . . . after looking at my owners manual to see if these is a fuse it appears in 08 (my model year) the button was on the side of the seat. The seats i have must have been from a later or something because the switch is by the climate control. . . .anyone have a "work around" for this? . . . again thanks all
Old 05-18-2019, 04:20 PM

Run wire leads though center console to connector?
Old 05-18-2019, 05:06 PM

fuse #47 & #23 under hood? Did you get the module from under the donor cars driver seat?
Old 05-18-2019, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
fuse #47 & #23 under hood? Did you get the module from under the donor cars driver seat?
i got the seats and heat button panel from the same car. i will have to look at the seat harness again as well as the bottom of the new seat. If the 08 had the switch mounted on the side of the seat i cant imagine the later cars with button on dash would be directly plug and play, just seems it would only need a fused direct power lead.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:08 PM

the MODULE is under the seat, the switch is on the dash. You have the wiring diagram, at least I sent you a link. The 15 minutes to DL and install will save you hours of guessing wrong.

I don't know where you are getting this button on the seat stuff.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew
the MODULE is under the seat, the switch is on the dash. You have the wiring diagram, at least I sent you a link. The 15 minutes to DL and install will save you hours of guessing wrong.

I don't know where you are getting this button on the seat stuff.
My bad, actually i was looking at the owners manual to find fuse location for the seat thinking they were never factory installed so it probably never had the fuse or relay installed. i was in a hurry yesterday and quickly glossed over that page, its the switch for the lumbar support that led to me thinking that by mistake ( graphic was on same page lol) just ran out of time but will look at it again today and check the diagram if need be. thanks
Old 05-19-2019, 08:15 AM

drivers seat has two plugs (that are plugged in) pass seat has three plugs on seat but only two coming out of the floor. I will have to look into the wiring diagram when i get close to my other PC. I dug up some old threads on this very subject, retro-ing in heated seats to non equiped cars . . . . seems i got my work cut out for me . . . . lots of great info on here

Quick Reply: dash removal for color change? plus a few other interior questions