Mods - Interior Discussion related to the looks of the interior of the HHR.

Interior door pulls on panels

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 01:29 PM

I just had a thought... I suppose one should ride in the back seat for awhile to see if you would need a pull strap or arm rest and where it should be located ! Now back to mowing the grass... John
Old 05-21-2011, 02:51 PM

TMV,
Consider using armrests/pulls from old chevy trucks, Pre 1961 and the '61 to '67 have old-school charm, the '68 to '72 have the same looking texture as the HHR plastic and are less than 3" wide. All these are reproduced in the original colors and are held on with two screws. Classic industries(or others) has them all between $ 20.00 for the plain to $40 for the two tone chrome trim style. They should be mounted as close to the factory location as possable. VT
Old 08-20-2015, 11:34 PM

Me too it's nice not to have all those extra voices buzzing around me disturbing the relaxing quiet drive in the country.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by American & Proud
Work In Progress Here.

My version of a Panel's rear door interior panel once a rear seat has been added. Still have some finish trimming to do, and I might fully Heat Weld the seam to make it fully one.

I bought '08 rear door panels from a windowed HHR in early Fall last year, and Finally was able to locate the rear Panel interior panels a couple weeks ago. (I wanted to SAVE my OEM Panels in case I did not like how this Mod ended up turning out, and as with every Mod so far, I can go back to factory Original if ever needed.)

Attachment 29191

It is looking good so far, once I finish trim it out, I may Heat Weld the seam, then re add the texture along the welded seam it should Blend in as one. Giving it a "OEM" Factory Look. If the Final Trim looks good enough I may just add some type of trim piece along the seam.

I'll decide how far to take it once I get both sides fully trimmed out.

(It has been about 25 years since I have done this type of a Custom job.)

(Also Notice I have not installed the rear Black Leather seat yet. Tearing out the whole interior to soundproof and upgrade the audio and video systems as soon as my speakers get shipped and we get over this constant daily raining. So I will install the leather one after the interior work in done.)

I love how you did on the door panel id like to do this to mine not sure i understand what you did here did you place the regular window door panel on top of the panel non window panel or cut it a seam in here i wish you'd had more pictures show ho you did this but i sure love how it looks
Old 04-29-2018, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by wokbelly
I love how you did on the door panel id like to do this to mine not sure i understand what you did here did you place the regular window door panel on top of the panel non window panel or cut it a seam in here i wish you'd had more pictures show ho you did this but i sure love how it looks
You're replying to a 7-year old post. As it says in his signature, A&P has passed on, and so won't be answering you.

That being said, I don't see any way the window door panel would fit over the panel door panel. He would have had to cut them both and put them together. You're right, it is a great look(and functional)!

The panel door
Old 04-29-2018, 02:37 PM
Technical Moderator

It's right there in the portion you quoted:

"I bought '08 rear door panels from a windowed HHR in early Fall last year, and Finally was able to locate the rear Panel interior panels a couple weeks ago. (I wanted to SAVE my OEM Panels in case I did not like how this Mod ended up turning out, and as with every Mod so far, I can go back to factory Original if ever needed.)

It is looking good so far, once I finish trim it out, I may Heat Weld the seam, then re add the texture along the welded seam it should Blend in as one. Giving it a "OEM" Factory Look. If the Final Trim looks good enough I may just add some type of trim piece along the seam."

He cut them then heat welded them together under the texture.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:15 PM
Platinum Member

And I remember when A&P did it.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Me too, just a lurking party back then!
Old 05-01-2018, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
And I remember when A&P did it.
Thanks for all the replies you guys are a lot of help
Old 05-01-2018, 10:52 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Me too, just a lurking party back then!
blue- I know about lurking, I did it all of 2006, then finally joined up in '07.

Originally Posted by wokbelly
Thanks for all the replies you guys are a lot of help
These guys are extremely knowledgeable here, can't beat it.

Quick Reply: Interior door pulls on panels