Mods - Interior Discussion related to the looks of the interior of the HHR.

Opinions Needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 04:00 PM

You might be interested in this thread. It's an older thread but has a lot of examples of some of the dash kits members have put in. Sherwood is one of the older companies that makes these and has been in business for many years. They have lots of color and pattern options. Note that edashkit.com is no longer in business, but others carry Sherwood such as CARiD. You may find a complementary color or pattern that you hadn't considered before.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Good idea. Except the shade of red , how does it look compared to the leather inserts
Old 05-06-2019, 05:20 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by fastsuv
No offense, I'm open to all suggestions.

You're right, that peeling shifter boot has been bugging me. Are you talking putting a new stock boot on, or are there aftermarket boots available? Since you suggested a red leather, are you aware of a source for those?

Thanks
Steve
Take a look a redlinegoods.com . Not endorsing them, it's just the only one I've looked at with quality custom stuff. I'm sure there are other companies out there also. I just didn't want an El Cheapo replacement like you may see in the big box parts stores.
No I wouldn't consider a factory replacement. It would just be the same vinyl coated one that would fail again.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:01 AM

I checked out redlinegoods.com. They have some really good stuff. I spec'd out a shift boot in black with red stripes.

Then I looked at the how-to for HHR boot replacement and noticed it was for the non-SS 5-speed.

I sent them an Email to verify they have a boot for the SS shifter, and they responded that they don't have one to fit the SS shifter. They said they would make one for me if I sent the current one to them so they could take it apart and make a template. They also said I would get mine for free if I wrote up a how-to for the SS shifter for them to put on their web site.

I will check out some other sites first because I'm not looking forward to driving with no shifter boot for weeks.

Steve
Old 05-09-2019, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Good idea. Except the shade of red , how does it look compared to the leather inserts
I contacted the seller on ebay about the red overlay a few months ago. He sent me a sample piece. The red matches very well. It looks a little different because its smoother and shinier than the red door color
Old 05-09-2019, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Lethal Tendencies
I contacted the seller on ebay about the red overlay a few months ago. He sent me a sample piece. The red matches very well. It looks a little different because its smoother and shinier than the red door color
Thanks for checking out the color.

I am considering this kit because they are precut and I can pick and choose what I want to be red. I am wondering if putting all the red pieces on would be too much.

Steve
Old 05-11-2019, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by fastsuv
I checked out redlinegoods.com. They have some really good stuff. I spec'd out a shift boot in black with red stripes.

Then I looked at the how-to for HHR boot replacement and noticed it was for the non-SS 5-speed.

I sent them an Email to verify they have a boot for the SS shifter, and they responded that they don't have one to fit the SS shifter. They said they would make one for me if I sent the current one to them so they could take it apart and make a template. They also said I would get mine for free if I wrote up a how-to for the SS shifter for them to put on their web site.

I will check out some other sites first because I'm not looking forward to driving with no shifter boot for weeks.

Steve
I have no problem with that idea, but I have an AT in my SS. Is the boot the same size and shape?
I will gladly go without mine for a month or more for a free one.
I would also go black with red stitching.
Contacted them about it today.