Picture & Media Showoff your Chevy HHR and you may be the next Featured Car!

my new hhr with window tint

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 07:52 PM

The smaller the percent the darker the window. 35% is pretty dark but still good. The back windows and rear may be 20% but not for absolute sure.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Z-Man
I love the Look BUT
Please let us know how clear can you see thru the Windows when your looking at your side Mirrors at Night. (Safety Issue)
You could have 5% limo tint on and still be able to see out your windows fine. It all depends on what the person feels comfortable with. Your brother probably just didn't feel comfortable with his tint. You don't loose any visibility but of course everything is darker. Sit in your back seat and look out the window. Do you loose any visibility?
Old 02-10-2007, 08:07 PM

I want a 1% tint on all of my windows!
Old 02-10-2007, 08:45 PM

I want limo on my windows, my dads honda has Limo in the rear and 20% on the fronts.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:55 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by O6ChevyHHR
I want limo on my windows, my dads honda has Limo in the rear and 20% on the fronts.
I don't think they will put it on for you. They now have to put a sticker on the drivers door that says the tint meets Florida tint laws. Lowest they can go is 28%.
The state is getting really tight on the tint laws in Central Florida.
But hey you are just a kid and do as you want anyway.

Alan
Old 02-11-2007, 12:05 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by Stovebolt HHR
I don't think they will put it on for you. They now have to put a sticker on the drivers door that says the tint meets Florida tint laws. Lowest they can go is 28%.
The state is getting really tight on the tint laws in Central Florida.
But hey you are just a kid and do as you want anyway.

Alan
What sticker? Had my windows done last fall,tint to match the rear and a 5% ceramic tint over the entire windshield (completley illeagle practice), just didn't recieve a receipt.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:10 AM

If you are fair skinned or have problems with the sun like me . You can get a doctor’s note to have your windows tented as dark as you want them .
Old 02-11-2007, 12:16 AM

The person that did my windows said he had to put a sticker on the door to show that the tint met the state laws on tint darkness. The state is going to start clamping down on the tint on cars. Safety reasons and crime issues.
Police can not see in the cars at night or daytime and are getting shot. We had a 17 year old that did that to a cop and got away for about 3 hours. His buddy that was in the car turned him in cause he did not want anything yo do with shooting a cop.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by bigbear2k
If you are fair skinned or have problems with the sun like me . You can get a doctor’s note to have your windows tented as dark as you want them .
Maybe in Arkansas but not in Florida. Here it's 28% The tint now has a built in sun block for UV and thats what effects people about the Sun. You had better check your state laws and not go by what people tell you. because most don't know what they are talking about.

Alan
Old 02-11-2007, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
What sticker? Had my windows done last fall,tint to match the rear and a 5% ceramic tint over the entire windshield (completley illeagle practice), just didn't recieve a receipt.
Exactly what I mean no one cares what is the right thing to do. Thats why we have some really stupid laws on the books to protect us from ourselves.

And I guess you did not care or check into the tint laws in Florida as you were going to do it regardless as that is what you wanted.

Alan

Quick Reply: my new hhr with window tint