Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

06 HHR won't shift out of 1st PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 01:39 AM
Platinum Member

Hey Don - there are the codes at last - it only took what? Three asks? Perhaps it is because it's a full moon?

Ybic - how dare you throw slag at Don - he has been trying to help you out over and over - yet you don't seem to be able to follow his questions and provide the information (the flippin codes) that are needed to diagnose the problems. After your comments to don, even though you at last have finally provided the codes, do you think you are going to get much help? Did you notice that Don was the only one trying to help you out? Most people will just stop helping if the person can't provide the answers to the questions raised - Don didn't. Your initial post was pretty much the equivalent of "my computer won't work - what is wrong?". And that isn't sarcasm.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:45 AM
Platinum Member

ooooooo extanker - I think your smart ass comments are finally gonna get you thrown off our lawn.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:36 AM

Once again, I see no sarcasm. I see no demeaning. Please point it out.

When someone refuses to help me help them by telling me they are an expert on the very subject they are asking about I get crotchety. The thing is this is not a mechanical problem it is an IT problem; The TCM (transmission computer) has sensed some faults through routine testing (codes) and told you what test has failed.

Now I have the codes. At 3:00 AM trying to help.

Here is some logic.
Yes the codes are regarding solenoid that are inside the transmission. But reading the rest of the line tells you that it is not saying the solenoid is bad, just not working because of an open circuit.
There is a harness with many contacts on each end
At least one end of said harness had to have been disconnected to do the work
The definitions of the 4 codes are "low voltage" and "performance"
Now, Occam's razor; what is the simplest explanation for a circuit to have low voltage after a connector has been plugged and unplugged?
There are 2 reasons for an open solenoid circuit; the circuit is disconnected or the solenoid coil has electrically fried. The solenoids have been replaced.

My wife once called tech support because her computer "says there is no signal". She had just moved her "computer" to a different desk.

Care to guess what the problem was without driving 45 miles to her location?
Old 08-16-2019, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Ybic Ruben
So my 06 HHR initially was having intermittent shifting to 4th gear. I had a mechanic replace all 4 solenoids except the switch on the manifold. After replacing and putting it all back together the car doesn't shift out of first and Is coding the other 3 solenoids that werent showing faulted initially. The original faulted solenoid is not coding anymore but the other 3 are now. Please help I'm at my wit's end with this car. Adaptive learning issue TCM both??

Here's what I don't get, and this isn't the first time I've seen something like this... "The mechanic replaced parts and it now does this...."

Maybe I'm old, but why isn't the mechanic fixing the problem he caused?
Old 08-16-2019, 07:36 AM
Administrator

Let me, help ! And show you the door for a week!

“If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say nothing at all!”

Flower
Old 08-16-2019, 10:11 AM

Don is sometimes sarcastic. This is not one of those times.

No sarcasm. No trolling. He has actually shown quite a bit of patience.

We have no affiliation with GM, and are unpaid volunteers. Just fellow HHR owners(or former owners) trying to help others, by sharing what we know.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:25 AM
Platinum Member

Frankly I don't care if Don is sarcastic sometimes. The fact is, he has the most knowledge, info and been most helpful to many, many members on this site.
The problem seems to be that some of the newbs don't know this and then they get offended way too easily.
Don just speaks straight out and to the point. If they can't take it maybe this sites not for them.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:15 PM
Administrator

I agree, I get cranky when I suggest some solutions to problems, I’ve been snarky directed to those who , A: come back with “ no can’t be that “ or B: I already did that! But they didn’t mention it before.

Don is a great source information for our HHR’s

Ill close this thread now