Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Disable alarm system

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 07:29 AM

Your last sentence (When I first got my vehicle I uninstalled the dealers anti theft alarm.)
What did you or someone else have to do to do this? The procedure you described (press switch 2 times doesn't have any effect for me).
Old 06-25-2009, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by sunset
Your last sentence (When I first got my vehicle I uninstalled the dealers anti theft alarm.)
What did you or someone else have to do to do this? The procedure you described (press switch 2 times doesn't have any effect for me).
The first time I press the interior drivers door lock switch next to the interior door handle it does nothing for me too - that is why I have to press it twice. There maybe differences between the 2007 and my 2009.

As for the "Dealer Installed" anti theft alarm system, mine was quite involved and there is no way I could tell you what to do besides I just followed each wire and disconnected them. Mine was wired into the "Crank" engine compartment fuse. Considering there are so many different makes and models of alarm systems you are on your own.

Oh, the dealer installed anti theft system was for them to simply use on their lot to protect the vehicles before sale. There was no attempt by them to "Sell" me an after market alarm system. The sales people actually carried around remotes and used them before they would open any vehicle on the lot.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:34 PM

Sno White, you said When I first got my vehicle I uninstalled the dealers anti theft alarm. How did you do this...what was done? Pressing the door lock button 2 times didn't do anything for me. Any more ideas? THANKS!!
Old 06-25-2009, 01:38 PM

Sno White...Sorry about the last post...I didn't see your new post.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Founding Member

2006 = Press the electric switch on the door ONCE. Three chimes and then all doors lock about 5 seconds later. Content Theft Deterrent (Alarm) is then armed after a short period of time (around 20 seconds).

2007-2009 = Press the electric switch on the door ONCE. Three chimes and then all doors lock about 5 seconds later. Content Theft Deterrent is NOT armed and horn will NOT sound when key is used to open a door.

sunset, what year is your vehicle.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
2006 = Press the electric switch on the door ONCE. Three chimes and then all doors lock about 5 seconds later. Content Theft Deterrent (Alarm) is then armed after a short period of time (around 20 seconds).

2007-2009 = Press the electric switch on the door ONCE. Three chimes and then all doors lock about 5 seconds later. Content Theft Deterrent is NOT armed and horn will NOT sound when key is used to open a door.

sunset, what year is your vehicle.
ChevyMgr is (sort of) right. One press of the button will do as he said above. I was just too impatient to wait for the chimes(they do not come immediately) and the doors do not lock until the doors are closed for the 5 seconds. My personal preference would be to see the lock mechanisms work immediately and not walk away not knowing the vehicle was locked.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by Sno White
ChevyMgr is (sort of) right. One press of the button will do as he said above. I was just too impatient to wait for the chimes(they do not come immediately) and the doors do not lock until the doors are closed for the 5 seconds. My personal preference would be to see the lock mechanisms work immediately and not walk away not knowing the vehicle was locked.
Sort of?? Ok, you got me on not putting the door closing in there.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:01 AM

Chevy Mgr...Mine is a 2006...It just blows my mind that there is no way to disable the alarm and still be able to use the electric door lock!!
Thanks everyone for all your info, but nothing has worked so far.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by sunset
Chevy Mgr...Mine is a 2006...It just blows my mind that there is no way to disable the alarm and still be able to use the electric door lock!!
Thanks everyone for all your info, but nothing has worked so far.
I don't have access to an '06 but you could try this; Turn the car off, open the drivers door, hit the electric lock, pull up on the door lock rod, push down the door lock rod, shut the door. I don't know what that will do for you or if the alarm will arm or not.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:13 AM

Chevy Mgr... I tried that...doesn't work for me...I guess I will give it up for now.
THANKS everyone...If anyone ever finds a way to disable the alarm on a 2006, please put it in sticky!!

Quick Reply: Disable alarm system