Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Fuel Pump Noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService
Dear Chazz1953,

I have read about your situation with your HHR. Is this the only dealership that you have visited for your issue? Please, feel free to visit another Chevrolet service department for a second opinion if you would like.

How long ago did you take the car in for the second fuel pump?

Sincerely,
Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Michelle,

Thanks for the response!

Took it back about 2 weeks ago for the 2nd fuel pump, but now its back, since the 11th of July, for a bag full of other problems. On the 9th we were going down the freeway at 70mph and all of a sudden it stops running. I got it off to the side of the road and restarted it. It started surging up and down. Stopped at the light at the bottom of the off ramp and it acted like it wanted to take off. Had to push hard on the brake to keep it from taking off. Started back off again and there was a loud bang and it quit again. Waited a few and started again. Kept surging, even with the cruse on.
The blender noise has come back again The dealer told me yesterday that they ordered and will install an extra insulation blanket for the back area of the car.

Also, I forgot to mention that several minutes before all of this happened the air cond. started to blow very hot air.

I have not taken the car to any other dealer. I guess I'm old school and believe in taking it to the dealer I purchased it from...

Any other thoughts on this???? Maybe you guys should ship this one back as a test car.....
Old 07-13-2011, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Chazz1953
Michelle,

Thanks for the response!

Took it back about 2 weeks ago for the 2nd fuel pump, but now its back, since the 11th of July, for a bag full of other problems. On the 9th we were going down the freeway at 70mph and all of a sudden it stops running. I got it off to the side of the road and restarted it. It started surging up and down. Stopped at the light at the bottom of the off ramp and it acted like it wanted to take off. Had to push hard on the brake to keep it from taking off. Started back off again and there was a loud bang and it quit again. Waited a few and started again. Kept surging, even with the cruse on.
The blender noise has come back again The dealer told me yesterday that they ordered and will install an extra insulation blanket for the back area of the car.

Also, I forgot to mention that several minutes before all of this happened the air cond. started to blow very hot air.

I have not taken the car to any other dealer. I guess I'm old school and believe in taking it to the dealer I purchased it from...

Any other thoughts on this???? Maybe you guys should ship this one back as a test car.....
Chazz,

The way this is going I would document everything that is going on ... Period !!!

Keep track of all your lost time too.

The last Lemon Law vehicle I had Chevrolet could not fix ..... even at the highest technical level.

SF