Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

How do I fix the rear door - drivers side on my HHR Panel.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 09:01 AM
Platinum Member

For the more advanced mechanical minded.
Unbolt the door hinges. Access to the bolts via the front door being open. That should allow you to pull the door out enough to gain access to remove the door interior panel. You may have to disconnect the door wiring at the pillar.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:04 AM
Administrator

A spare set of hands or a jack to support the door will help in this case, be gentle the rear latch if the door won’t give you much room
Old 02-14-2020, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
For the more advanced mechanical minded.
Unbolt the door hinges. Access to the bolts via the front door being open. That should allow you to pull the door out enough to gain access to remove the door interior panel. You may have to disconnect the door wiring at the pillar.
I found this, at the bottom of that page select "next page" also.
https://workshop-manuals.com/skoda/f..._of_rear_door/
Old 02-14-2020, 10:46 AM
Administrator

A close resemblance of the HHR style of hinges and wiring, , I stress again , be extra careful at the other end of the door, it’s easy to fold the door edge
Old 02-14-2020, 10:52 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Remote won’t over come the broken door handle problem.
No it sure won't, but my point was that it could have avoided it, using the remote..
Old 02-14-2020, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
A close resemblance of the HHR style of hinges and wiring,
After Georges suggestion, I went and looked at my car, then did a Google search.
Those pictures looked like the hinges on the HHR and how it is mounted to the door and B pillar.

Last edited by RJ_RS_SS_350; 02-14-2020 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
No it sure won't, but my point was that it could have avoided it, using the remote..
Could be that he doesn't have a working fob. Which also means that the alarm system is never armed.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:27 PM

Thank you FireManGeorge. That sounds like a game plan with removing the bolts. Yeah, I lost the key Fob remote a looooong time ago. The buttons on the dash do the same thing though. problem is that here in the hot Hawaiian sun, the rubber seals on the outside stick the door to the car, making it hard to open the door. I think this is why the motor stopped opening the door a while back. While I'm here, is there a way to identify the remote and replace it, maybe using the VIN or something like that?....
Old 02-14-2020, 01:25 PM
Administrator

This one is if you have remote start in your panel

https://www.carandtruckremotes.com/2...-remote-3.html
Old 02-14-2020, 02:51 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SeanDavey
Thank you FireManGeorge. That sounds like a game plan with removing the bolts. Yeah, I lost the key Fob remote a looooong time ago. The buttons on the dash do the same thing though. problem is that here in the hot Hawaiian sun, the rubber seals on the outside stick the door to the car, making it hard to open the door. I think this is why the motor stopped opening the door a while back. While I'm here, is there a way to identify the remote and replace it, maybe using the VIN or something like that?....
After repairs are made, wipe the door seals with silicone spray. That would help w/sticking in the future.

Quick Reply: How do I fix the rear door - drivers side on my HHR Panel.