Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

I thought it could never happen to me.?.!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Founding Member

All posts by Chevrolet Customer Assistance have been deleted. All responses to those posts have also been deleted. OP stated he did not want Customer Assistance to post in this thread. Enough said on that.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Founding Member

Fullmoon Design, I normally don't post in these dealership rant threads (your words) but I do want to comment in this one now. One question for you is where did the information on Chevy stating not to clean injectors on a DI engine come from? I do not recall that bulletin.

My take on this is for all members and guests, not just you.

First off if anyone wants to pull their own codes and perform their own diagnostics, then go for it. Diagnose your problem go to the dealer and tell them to replace XYZ part. As Snoopy stated people do this at times. As a dealer we always have them sign a repair order stating we don't guarantee that replacing this part will fix their problem and we are only doing as requested. No diagnosis charge is billed.

If it fixes the problem, then everyones happy. If it doesn't the customer can keep throwing parts at the problem and paying for their installation or they can pay to have the problem diagnosed. Not much more to say on that issue.

Now as far as a dealer stating you need to clean your injectors. Maybe you do maybe you don't. GM has many bulletins on different vehicles stating to clean the injectors for know problems. Here is GM's statement on injector cleaning;

If a specific model vehicle or powertrain need is identified, GM will issue an Authorized Service Document containing a procedure and, if required, provide, make available, or require the specific use of a machine, tool or chemical to accomplish proper vehicle servicing. An example of this is fuel injector cleaning. Due to variation in fuel quality in different areas of the country, GM has recognized the need for fuel injector cleaning methods on some engines, though under normal circumstances, this service is not part of the maintenance requirements.

GM has published several gasoline fuel injector cleaning bulletins that fully outline the methods to be used in conjunction with GM Part Numbered solutions to accomplish proper and safe cleaning of the fuel injectors with preventative maintenance suggestions to maintain optimum performance.

Note: GM makes more money in parts sales than new vehicle sales. They like to sell parts and they even like to sell cleaning products as stated above.

Is an injector flush needed on every engine on the road? Probably not. Does it hurt any engine to have it performed? Not if done correctly. Are dealerships in the business to sell service, just as Pep Boys, Midas, Sears or any other shop? Yes. So to those who state this is a dealership problem only, you are incorrect. I have reviewed thousands of receipts ,from other shops in my years, and EVERYONE does these services.

How many threads are there on this forum about pouring additives into your gas tank? Many I assure you. Just to find a few, search for seafoam. Does this help your vehicle. Some say it does, others may disagree.

Does a throttle body get gunked up and make the plate stick. Yes. Does the ECM try to compensate for this? Yes. Does cleaning it hurt the vehicle? Not if it's done correctly.

Some say a dealer trying to sell a coolant flush before 100K or 150K is a ripoff. Yet other members post that they do just that.

I think this post is long enough, so I will end with this.

If you don't want to have a service performed, just decline it. I do this every time they try to sell me a cherry pie at the drive through when all I want is a burger and fries. Or before I can even order they try to sell me what ever is their newest and greatest sandwich. I always decline the A/C service/tuneup when the repair man is fixing a problem with my home A/C too. Everyone is trying to sell you something. You just have to make your own decision on buying it or not.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:59 PM

Well said!
Old 03-26-2012, 06:44 PM

I know what you mean, The dealer i bought the SS from did my first oil change with conventional oil , And told me i did'nt know what i was talking about when i said it requires full synthetic .

I would not go back if every time they wavied my labor charges , F- Them.
But i will drive 30 miles , Passing 3 or 4 chevy dealers to go to Rockenbach in Grays lake IL. Even if they charged double for labor ! And if i buy another Chevy , It will be from them.

On a side note Chevy in Clearwater just did a fuel system cleanse on my dads SS, And he said it is stronger then ever, And will smoke the tires in second, Which it never did before.

Good luck , A good dealer is a key factor in being a happy customer.