Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

inflatable restraint front passenger presense system sensor connector

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 12:04 PM
geg

inflatable restraint front passenger presense system sensor connector

hi guys.
There is a problem - I ask first of all to those who are versed in automotive electronics.
I did not know the names of these parts in English. I therefore I beg your forgiveness for the possible difficult understanding my request.

The photographs show the connector.

This connector is broken. This connector is for the front passenger seat belts. Namely - to pyrotechnic pretensioners. At some point, this connector was broken by accident. Now I have a problem in the security of air bags. I need a new connector.

The connector is the inscription:
-AMP
90980-12165
.>PBT<

I can not buy it in Russia. The only way out - to order the United States. But I can not imagine - where to start, because it's not NORMAL PART. I really need advice of an experienced American.
Guys, let me address online store that can make Shipping to Russia. If anyone knows how this part is called and what its number - this will also be useful information for me.
But the best would be if someone of you walk to the nearest landfill, tear this connector from a dead HHR, put it in an envelope and send to me. Guarantee payment of costs. I look forward to.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:02 PM
geg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PT185...item415481cff6

I found this plug on Ebay. Amazed at his cost. Is the price of reality?
Old 11-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Deceased

Greetings geg! I have found the part you are looking for at gmpartsdirect.com, the cost is $30.56 US. I am sure they can ship directly to you in Russia, I have used this vendor before and the prices are usually better than going to the GM dealer. Due to the holiday here in the US I cannot check a dealer price until Monday, but I will do that for you also. Have you tried the Chevrolet dealer in Moscow, they might have this part in stock.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:15 AM
geg

Originally Posted by 843de
Greetings geg! I have found the part you are looking for at gmpartsdirect.com, the cost is $30.56 US. I am sure they can ship directly to you in Russia, I have used this vendor before and the prices are usually better than going to the GM dealer. Due to the holiday here in the US I cannot check a dealer price until Monday, but I will do that for you also. Have you tried the Chevrolet dealer in Moscow, they might have this part in stock.
Thank you very much, friend.
I asked Russian GM dealers. But not in Moscow, Moscow far.
Yekaterinburg dealers have these connectors. They apply to the Hummer and Cadillac - cars are certified to Russia. But the price is very high, from $ 45 to $ 48.
I asked my friend to find the connector on the car dismantling. If the connector is there - I use it. If the connector is not there - I will order it in the U.S..
Old 11-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Deceased

Greetings geg! I checked prices with the two Chevrolet dealers that I deal with, and they want $69.00 US for this part. I am not surprised by this since it is usually better to buy GM parts on-line. At this time I haven't found any local salvage yards with this part in stock, if I do find one I will let you know the price.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by geg
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PT185...item415481cff6

I found this plug on Ebay. Amazed at his cost. Is the price of reality?
the air bag and seat belt connectors cost so much because thay are a safety device, they are gold plated to reduce corrosion
Old 12-08-2010, 02:30 AM
Deceased

Greetings geg! I'm just wondering if you have found this part yet? It has been a while since you mentioned it, just checking in.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:08 AM
geg

Originally Posted by 843de
Greetings geg! I'm just wondering if you have found this part yet? It has been a while since you mentioned it, just checking in.
I have not found. In the search. Thank you for your concern.
Little Hummers in the trash.
If you do not mind:
when my search lead to failure, I'll tell you, and you search on American garbage;
if I find this ****ing plug, I also will tell you, and we rejoice in two.