Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Injector replacement question

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 05:52 PM

Injector replacement: No programming needed....

I have been getting the P1174 code about immediately when starting out and after about 50 miles it becomes "stored" and CEL comes on. I have watched the engine parameters with AutoEnginuity on my laptop plugged into the ODB2 port. It tells me that fuel balance is bad and surprisingly seems to vary between cylinders 2 and 3.

So I ordered a set of Injectors and will replace them, probably on Saturday. If there are any lingering codes (P1174 has been the only one) I'll clear them.

My question is: does the car have to go back to the dealer to get the brain reflashed or most people that have replaced injectors found this unnecessary? I searched and found both situations listed here and also both on internet searches outside this forum. Thank you for the help.

Well since I had no replies as of this afternoon, after the new injectors arrived I went ahead and did the install. The middle two had some crud build up probably due to the gas we have in CA. I pulled the sleeves and cleaned around the o-rings and also in the seating area. The new injectors popped right in and I found there was little fuel pressure in the rail after the engine had cooled.

After putting everything back together, the engine started right up and did sputter a time or two and then settled right down. The engine ran smoother than before and in checking with my AutoEnginuity software, no codes or other issues.

Last edited by oldracer; 04-12-2013 at 08:10 PM.