Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Keyless entry not working and dashes on TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 01:37 AM

Keyless entry not working and dashes on TPMS

I only stumbled on the fact there was a TSB for this and couldn't find it again on this site before I took it in. I wanted to get a thread title with those words here.

I lost all remote lock function with the dashes in the tire pressure monitoring system. The dealer did a good will warranty and reprogrammed the receiver. Nice dealer! I sort of think it might be done to avoid liability since the TPMS is mandated (this thread isn't about the government so let's not start.)

The TSB is 08-03-16-001A.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:42 PM

The 2008s have a known problem with the RCDLR losing memory - it has been discussed much in other less appropriately titled threads. The problem usually crops up after a dead battery has been jumped or after winter storage of the vehicle. The rationalization is the RCDLR has lost power and the memory in the RCDLR is corrupted.

The RCDLR is the receiver for both the TPMS and the Key FOBs signals.

The TSB version A has been superseded with version B.
See the new TSB here: https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...7&postcount=55
Old 02-28-2012, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sno White
The 2008s have a known problem with the RCDLR losing memory - it has been discussed much in other less appropriately titled threads. The problem usually crops up after a dead battery has been jumped or after winter storage of the vehicle. The rationalization is the RCDLR has lost power and the memory in the RCDLR is corrupted.

The RCDLR is the receiver for both the TPMS and the Key FOBs signals.

The TSB version A has been superseded with version B.
See the new TSB here: https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...7&postcount=55
Yeah, it was after a jump for a dead battery. I did find several threads but didn't save them and couldn't remember the convoluted search I used. Most just led me back to the "You can program fobs without the Tech II" threads.

Grass Valley? Foresthill.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by terryk
Grass Valley? Foresthill.
I have a friend in Yuba City.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:19 PM

Get the shovel out

Diggin' up an old thread, mainly because I am angry at GM...NOT only did my transmission go at 66,000 miles, but I have the key fob/tpms issue following a dead battery....Long story short-I was just told that it would cost $128.00 at Joe Basil Chevy...Is there any other way to fix this??? Because that is just a ridiculous amount of money to shell out to have my key fobs work...I mean they have already fallen apart which I paid to get knew ones(the carbon part)

I think they should just reprogram these for free...I know some other manufacturers would
Old 11-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Technical Moderator

Originally Posted by badassbowtie
Diggin' up an old thread, mainly because I am angry at GM...NOT only did my transmission go at 66,000 miles, but I have the key fob/tpms issue following a dead battery....Long story short-I was just told that it would cost $128.00 at Joe Basil Chevy...Is there any other way to fix this??? Because that is just a ridiculous amount of money to shell out to have my key fobs work...I mean they have already fallen apart which I paid to get knew ones(the carbon part)

I think they should just reprogram these for free...I know some other manufacturers would
If it's the locks & the tpms, it's not programing the fob, it's reloading the RCDLR software(firmware). But I'd try another GM dealer, I found that my local Buick dealer was much easier to deal with than the Chevy dealer.