Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

My electrical sensors are possessed...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 02:06 PM
mot

My electrical sensors are possessed...

I recently got a 2008 HHR LT. Pretty cool little car.
Only 2 complaints. The first one was just answered in a post about the extending sunvisor.
The second is far more sinister. It doesn't happen all the time nor does it seem to have any kind of common link but sometimes the warning signs start going all "Haywire" I get audio tones and ALL the system checks go off 1 after another my gauges go nuts. Gas, speedo, Tach, all start bouncing up and down.
I suspect it has something to do with the elec.sys. computer located behind fuses in drivers compartment.
I have pictures of it happening and even a video I took while driving.
I just don't know how to post.
I'm hopping someone can tell me what to do.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:38 PM

It could be the computer. Mine used to do the same thing. All the lights would come on and I ended up having the computer replaced. Thankfully it was covered. It had like 40 different errors going off. Also, make sure you dont have a leak anywhere. My eletrical system is a bit whacked because I had a leak and it shorts the wires.

I have a 2009 I purchased in February 2011. I have replaced the throttle body, battery, power steering motor, computer, and ignition cylinder. Good luck!
Old 07-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Platinum Member

There have also been a number of owners who have experienced a similar problem. From what I've read on this forum, many of these were found to be a problem with the underhood fuse box. Seems that the problem was a loose connection on the under side of the box itself.
You might try a search here for a thread on that. Or, maybe another member will steer you to the correct thread.
Remember. When you find a fix, post it back here so other members can learn.

Oh yeah.....Welcome to the site.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Premium Member

Tighten up your fuses, then go buy a new battery, unless it has already been replaced. They do a bunch of weird things when it starts getting weak.

My 08 did it, bought a new battery ....smooth sailing from there.

PS. dont close the hatch when you remove the battery, till you stick the new one in............No I didn't do it ,but thats just cause I read about it here first........

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/site-development-help-announcements-18/how-upload-add-pictures-your-post-old-3033/
Old 07-31-2013, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by mot
I recently got a 2008 HHR LT. Pretty cool little car.
Only 2 complaints. The first one was just answered in a post about the extending sunvisor.
The second is far more sinister. It doesn't happen all the time nor does it seem to have any kind of common link but sometimes the warning signs start going all "Haywire" I get audio tones and ALL the system checks go off 1 after another my gauges go nuts. Gas, speedo, Tach, all start bouncing up and down.
I suspect it has something to do with the elec.sys. computer located behind fuses in drivers compartment.
I have pictures of it happening and even a video I took while driving.
I just don't know how to post.
I'm hopping someone can tell me what to do.
I definitely advise that you take it to the dealership to have it diagnosed. If you private message me your vehicle identification number I can check to see if there's any bulletins related to this concern.

Jessica L.
Chevrolet Customer Care