Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

New service bulletin for uncomfortable armrests

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 01:07 PM

I think it would have to include 2007 only because they have Ebony interior listed. 2007 was the first year for Ebony and it's listed in the bulletin.....Regards
Old 03-31-2007, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by RUDEINC
I think it would have to include 2007 only because they have Ebony interior listed. 2007 was the first year for Ebony and it's listed in the bulletin.....Regards
I thought the same thing at first, but the Spring Edition was a 2006, and it had ebony/gray interior (with ebony armrests).
Old 03-31-2007, 02:18 PM

So does this mean they will fix it under warranty, or just a letter stating how to fix it if a customer asks?
Old 03-31-2007, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by chadpuska
wow yea mine doesnt do that thank god

All depends on what angle your seatback is at. If you like to ride in a more upright position the arm rest will angle down...no doubt about it. If you like to lay back some it will be more level. But bottom line is if you have the passenger seat and the drivers seatback at the same angle wouldn't you think that the armrests should be at the same level? One would think except for GM! (until now)

I like to sit more upright in my cars so it would be a big deal for me...in fact I almost wrecked the rental HHR I had coming back from Austin TX last fall. I had the armrest propped up a bit(level in other words) as I really wasn't leaning on it(leaning over on the passenger one due to the downward tilt of drivers one) I switch my driving hands and when I grabbed the wheel with my right hand and leaned on the drivers armrest it dropped about 2 inches...guess where the car went! Screaming over into the right lane doing about 85mph And back to the left when I over corrected....stayed on the road without wrecking though! Good test for those you who were wondering how it handled in a panic situation

Good thing it was the Ebony interior..think the other colors might have shown the stain more if you know what I mean

This TSB can only be a good thing as this was one of the cons of buying an HHR for me

Goose
Old 03-31-2007, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Interested
I thought the same thing at first, but the Spring Edition was a 2006, and it had ebony/gray interior (with ebony armrests).
Didn't all the Spring Editions just come with leather though?
Old 03-31-2007, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by RUDEINC
Didn't all the Spring Editions just come with leather though?
You could get SE's with cloth seats.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
You could get SE's with cloth seats.
See what I get for thinking...lol... ...............I see now after looking around there were cloth 2 toned seats.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:26 AM

But what if your arm will not even touch the arm rest, does this raise it 3-4 inches?
Old 04-01-2007, 08:43 AM

I don't notice any tilt on the driver's armrest but I don't use it very often. When I'm sitting in the seat, my elbow is an inch higher than the armrest. I also cannot rest my elbow there and have my hand on the wheel. So it's nonfunctional for me.

I've considered building a pad that would sit on top of both armrests, fold over the front and back for stability and longer length. I thought this might finally make the armrest useful!
Old 04-01-2007, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by TomsHHR
But what if your arm will not even touch the arm rest, does this raise it 3-4 inches?
That's my issue as well, they are too low to start with.

I tried using them, but they are too low and make my shoulder ache, so I don't use it at all.

Quick Reply: New service bulletin for uncomfortable armrests