Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

New service bulletin for uncomfortable armrests

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 09:16 AM

Hopefully this TSB will resolve these issues and make them usable for you guys!

Goose
Old 04-01-2007, 06:47 PM

That's great info Chevelle454...where did you get that info? All the places I looked for TSB info you have to purchase it. Mine does the same thing and I was going to do the fix I have seen others do, but why not have them do it for me? The dealership is just up the street from where I'm working now and I can just drop it off in the morning and pick it up after work.

Thanks again for the info.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:01 PM

I'm wondering if you have already done the "armrest mod" if the dealer will still honor the TSB? Maybe I'll just remove the screw used in the mod and take it into the dealer and find out....Regards
Old 04-17-2007, 08:42 PM

Mine Is A 06 1lt With Cloth Seats. Armrests Were Low. My Dealer Took One Look At Them And Ordered/installed New Ones. Very Comfortable Now.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:49 PM

They are a warranty replacement, Got mine.

See the Pics in this thread.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/smoke-going-back-dealer-7658/
Old 04-20-2007, 07:48 PM

Anyone in Canada try using this TSB? I did yesterday and was told it did not apply to Canadian HHRs and that GM Canada had not issued a similar TSB.

Anyway next stop is GM customer service. Makes no sense to me to be a known issue but only able to be fixed if you are in the US.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by nfboy
Anyone in Canada try using this TSB? I did yesterday and was told it did not apply to Canadian HHRs and that GM Canada had not issued a similar TSB.
Yep, took it in on Thursday and provided the TSB number to the service advisor.

They ordered the parts for the armrest (as well as the hoses for the A/C growling). When both sets of parts come in, they will do the work.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:15 PM

Chevelle454, thanks for posting the TSB number, I really appreciate this type of information from the members here. Greta ideas, fantastic information and excellent people...who could ask for more?
Old 04-23-2007, 08:00 AM

Well I just took NEMO in so they could order the Arm Rests, and also had a problem with 1 key fob.

All of my Service Advisors are now gone due the fact the Dealer is now under a new ownership.

Of coarse the Fob started working last night. Could not find a problem with the Fob (I told them it was now working) Then he told me that due to the window tint it could interfere with the fob, if the metal content was great, or it could be interferance from the enviroment.
WRONG thing to tell me! The tint has been on NEMO since I had him for 2 weeks, over a year ago, also the other Fob had no problem.
Next the Arm Rests, he showed me that they were straight,,if I lay down.........Told him I would like them to order according to the TSB gave him the number!
He said that those are only for the Dealer ship!!!! NO I responded, I am a member of a number of HHR Fourms and it/they are on there.
Chevy is aware of this fact. And then procceded to tell of another place on line.
Don't think I made a new friend. Might need to change Dealerships!
Parts are on order for the Arm Rests,,,will not order the hoses for the A/C growling till he hears it,,,,,,,,,,,,,He will hear from me!
Old 04-23-2007, 08:03 AM
jx3

Definately sounds like it's time for different dealer!

Quick Reply: New service bulletin for uncomfortable armrests