Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

P0036 P0141 P0054 codes

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2023, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Hmm, ok, I reread your original post, you changed the downstream o2 sensor it was good for awhile and then again you changed the downstream o2 sensor both times with a Bosch sensor, this indicates that the wires are ok, the Bosch sensor is suspect. Get either a GM original or a Delphi or Denso . Give the connection a squirt of electrical contact cleaner and a dab of dielectric grease and install carefully and ensure the connection is seated firmly .
Old 06-09-2023, 11:23 AM

Here is the schematic, ignore the HOS1 part I think that is not for SS.
I think the PWR/TRN relay should only be energized in run.

Old 06-09-2023, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Here is the schematic, ignore the HOS1 part I think that is not for SS.
I think the PWR/TRN relay should only be energized in run.

Okay I don't have an SS. It looks like in the diagram the same wire goes to both upstream and downstream sensors for the heating. I only got a code for the downstream. So I guess everything up to the upstream sensor is good for the heating wire the downstream maybe the issue in The wire or connector? I'll get a different sensor and see if that will work.
Old 06-09-2023, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Hmm, ok, I reread your original post, you changed the downstream o2 sensor it was good for awhile and then again you changed the downstream o2 sensor both times with a Bosch sensor, this indicates that the wires are ok, the Bosch sensor is suspect. Get either a GM original or a Delphi or Denso . Give the connection a squirt of electrical contact cleaner and a dab of dielectric grease and install carefully and ensure the connection is seated firmly .
Should there be power to the sensor from the fuse block fuse 33 when the key is in the run position? When the key is in the run position there is power to the fuse. Just don't know if the engine has to be running in order for power to go to the sensor.
Old 06-09-2023, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Engine running.
Old 06-09-2023, 02:17 PM

choices are:
fuse
wire]
connector
BOSCH sensors suck, that's why they are a dollar cheaper than NGK/NTK

If you follow the lines on the schematic you will see the the relay supplies power to the fuse. therefore power won't go to the sensor if the relay is not energized.
Old 06-09-2023, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
choices are:
fuse
wire]
connector
BOSCH sensors suck, that's why they are a dollar cheaper than NGK/NTK

If you follow the lines on the schematic you will see the the relay supplies power to the fuse. therefore power won't go to the sensor if the relay is not energized.
Okay, I have the key in the on position and the fuse is energized so I should have power to one of the wires that go to the sensor?
Old 06-09-2023, 05:46 PM

According to the schematic the pink//black wire should be 12 V.
Old 06-09-2023, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by flstss
Okay, I have the key in the on position and the fuse is energized so I should have power to one of the wires that go to the sensor?
You need to probe the Pk/blk wire ignition on. should get battery. The heater is grounded when engine is running. We can test that later if this is OK.
Old 06-10-2023, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by greg8453
You need to probe the Pk/blk wire ignition on. should get battery. The heater is grounded when engine is running. We can test that later if this is OK.
Okay ignition on power to the fuse the upstream sensor has power to the pink black the downstream sensor no power so there's the problem I'm assuming. I guess I will jump a wire from the pink black on the upstream to the pink black on the downstream to get power to the downstream. Sounds like the right thing to do? Thanks

Quick Reply: P0036 P0141 P0054 codes