Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

power steering issue starting

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 02:56 PM

If you do a search for "cheveroletcustomerservice forum" on yahoo or google you will see that these same questions and concerns are on almost every chevy forum out there. I would be willing to bet that you could substitute GMC or CADILLAC or BUICK in place of CHEVEROLET you will get even more forums asking the same of them.

I believe I saw these Q & A's somewhere on here before but I found this one and found it interesting. It was Michelle that actually was involved in the Q & A.

Chevrolet Customer Service

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who Chevy Customer Service is and what they offer to do for Members

A List of Questions and Answers:

Q: What are you specifically here to do? I mean, are you simply gathering info or are you here to actually assist with issues? How will you discharge those duties?

A: I am here on the forum to assist customers with any pre-purchase questions, product knowledge, part numbers, how certain parts work, as well as setting up appointments at dealerships. If a customer has a situation with their vehicle, we can also look at setting up a case and escalate the customers concern.

Q: Since I'm an Admin and we have 2 Super Moderators and another Admin, are you allowed to disclose information to us? Are you allowed to contact us personally since we are vested with the responsibility to keep our forum running well?

A: As I'm sure you can understand, GM has guidelines which would prohibit me from sharing customer information or interactions with you or any non-GM entity. If you have any general questions, I would be happy to answer them.

Q: What do you do with any information shared with you by any member? Is it kept confidential? Does it fall under the auspices of the HIPAA or not? What are you corporate policies regarding personally identifiable
information?

A: See above.

Q: Will you actually be responding to any public posts or questions to you?

A: Yes, we do respond to public posts. When we ask to do a private message it is because we need to get some personal information from the customer that we don't want posted on the wall.

Q: When a member posts a comment to one of yours will you be putting together a response and posting it in a timely manner, or will there be a 1- to 2-week delay like in the past and like it seems there currently is? Or will you continue to cruise the site looking for certain issues and then posting a public request for a PM and private info?

A: We will respond within a 48 hour period. Unless the question lands on the weekend in which case, we will respond the following business day. Certain topics we can publicly post to but, if we need to ask for certain information such as VIN and contact info we will respond with a private message.

Q: If we believe that anyone using your membership abuses it, who is the next level up supervisor, and who is the next one up above that person? (Names, phone numbers, AND emails, please.) This info will NOT be shared with the general membership but will be kept confidential. If anyone has an issue it will need to be passed through our staff and we will determine if it rises to the level of escalating it to you or them.

A: My supervisor is (Edit) and her phone number is (Edit) and her e-mail is (Edit). Her boss is (Edit), and his phone number is (Edit). (Edit)'s boss is (Edit), and her phone number is (Edit).
I hope that this information is what you have been waiting for.

Sincerely,
Michelle P., Chevrolet Customer Service/Social Media

Of this response I have some observations if you will and/or questions.

A: I am here on the forum to assist customers with any pre-purchase questions, product knowledge, part numbers, how certain parts work, as well as setting up appointments at dealerships. If a customer has a situation with their vehicle, we can also look at setting up a case and escalate the customers concern.
I do not think I have seen them respond with info ("product knowledge" or "how certain parts work" on various parts (not even the EPS motor question in this thread lol).

I do not recall seeing them provide part numbers either but I would hope that they really could do this.

Set up an appointment for me.....HMMMMMM I can do that myself if I wanted to lol. Not too mention that a forum is a place for people to share knowledge and expiriences and help one another to enjoy their whatever, in this case HHR's. This to me includes helping others that want to, to fix their own cars.

I do see them being able to help if you DID have a problem with your dealer and or starting/filing a complaint. I hope that this has already been provided to members that needed such help.

The most common thing I saw on the other forums and around this one is that they tend to just push you to a dealer.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Platinum Member

I agree with 07' and would like to see some REAL response from our CHEVROLET CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE. Especially if 07' is asked to provide redundant info, as he mentions.

But you really are kidding yourself if you think a recall will come from any direction the Customer Service Representative can produce. As I said before, in another thread, these people are employees of an OUTSIDE company hired by GM on CONTRACT. They are basically PR type people to pacify and get paid, depending on ability, just over minimum wage ( I know the buyer who negotiated the contract with the outside company ). They can only provide info that is available on their computer screen.....which limits their participation. HOWEVER, I have witnessed some really excellent assistance from other Customer Service Rep's on other GM forums. It just depends on how much the individual Rep's want to get involved and how they interpret the guidelines set by GM.

However, 07' you might consider MAYBE the Reps. can't do anything unless they have an email (hard copy to superiors...then maybe to a GM assigned employee) from an owner stating the problem, providing necessary info and requesting assistance.JAT

I do wish you luck....07'
Old 01-21-2012, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
However, 07' you might consider MAYBE the Reps. can't do anything unless they have an email (hard copy to superiors...then maybe to a GM assigned employee) from an owner stating the problem, providing necessary info and requesting assistance.JAT

I do wish you luck....07'
And this is all I ask him to explain if this is the case. I am only asking him to tell me what he would be doing with my info. I expected that this is all he could do and is exactly what I was refering to (I know how hirearchy works even if I can't spell it lol). I just want him to come out and say it first. Just tell me why and what are the options and how they work. But he won't. He just goes down the list of pre-written (by GM) responses and no more then that. So what could take one email takes many. And again I did not solicite his help, he came to me ONLY ONLY ONLY after seeing my post reguarding him and Doctuh's question of him was even ignored by him.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:28 AM

db/sb,

I do not have access to any information on non-US information, regarding post #3. In regards to all of 07azhhr's questions, I have been trying to deal with him privately because most people do not like stating their information on public forums. Also, our policy requires a diagnosis from a GM Certified Service Center before cost assistance or goodwill can be considered to any prospect.

Evan, Chevrolet Customer Service

Originally Posted by db/sb
whopper, with all due respect, I ask if this thread bothers you so much then why are you commenting in it? I, for one, would like to see an answer to 07azhhrs question(s) as well as an answer to the one posed by Doctuh back in post #3.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService
db/sb,

I do not have access to any information on non-US information, regarding post #3. In regards to all of 07azhhr's questions, I have been trying to deal with him privately because most people do not like stating their information on public forums. Also, our policy requires a diagnosis from a GM Certified Service Center before cost assistance or goodwill can be considered to any prospect.

Since you answered me specifically, I'll speak for myself. I would have no desire to state my information to people I don't know, like yourself, on a public forum. If I was seeking cost assistance or goodwill form a GM dealership, I'm sure I could find my way there without your assistance. And how would that be 'non-US information'? The issure he refers to also exists in "US" HHRs. (You have read this thread, haven't you?)
Old 01-23-2012, 10:18 AM

db/sb,

I completely understand where you're coming from; some people are not comfortable giving out information on the internet. When stated "I do not have access to any information on non-US information" I was saying that I do not have information on Canadian recalls.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService
db/sb,

I completely understand where you're coming from; some people are not comfortable giving out information on the internet. When stated "I do not have access to any information on non-US information" I was saying that I do not have information on Canadian recalls.

The actual question is do you have information (or access to someone who can give you the information) on why there is no similar U.S. recall?
Old 01-23-2012, 11:04 AM

db/sb

Unfortunately since Canada has different laws and regulations we don't have access to the information used to determine why the recall was submitted for the HHR.

Originally Posted by db/sb
The actual question is do you have information (or access to someone who can give you the information) on why there is no similar U.S. recall?
Old 01-23-2012, 11:09 AM

I guess we could play semantics back an forth all day long.........(no real need for you to respond to that)
Old 02-04-2012, 10:26 AM

Power steering

THanks for all the good info. Changed out the p.s.motor and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Quick Reply: power steering issue starting