Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Rear wiper switch kills the car!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 01:59 PM

What box did the op replace?

My HHR has the same fault the rear wiper switch does strange bad bad things to the car.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kc0kfg
My HHR has the same fault the rear wiper switch does strange bad bad things to the car.
Well, then you can check the things suggested in this thread. If you're looking for help, that is.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Kc0kfg
So you have EXACTLY the same problem? Then the fix would be exactly the same. However, I have found that when we hear specifics there is hardly ever an exact match.

Of course, you could volunteer more information and we could try to help.
Old 08-05-2022, 01:01 AM

In case it helps anyone, I had a similar issue where activating the rear wiper would shut the engine off in my HHR. A bunch of other issues all started happening in relatively short succession. Tightening the 4 bolts holding the fuse panel down under the hood resolved them all together. When tightening the bolts, there were several audible sounds that sounded like things clicking into place near the point where the fasteners were fully tight.

Issues:
  • When the rear wiper switch was activated, the engine would turn off
  • When the ignition was first started, the rear wiper would activate for a few cycles
  • Front & rear wipers did not effectively work... could see them trying to move very slowly but they would stop in abnormal positions like halfway through a sweep
  • Front headlights, front blinkers, front side marker lights, and horn stopped working
  • Instrument panel warnings: Tire Pressure Light, Check Engine Light, and handful of warning messages displayed but there were soo many that I cant recall them all.
These issues instantly were resolved and went back to normal after the 4 fuse panel bolts under the hood were fully tightened. The instrument panel warnings went away after pulling the maxi-fuse near the battery for a few minutes.
Old 08-08-2022, 05:26 PM

The maxi-fuse next to the battery is the power for the computer part of the BCM, in effect you rebooted the BCM. The old unplug it, see if that fixes it thing; works more often than expected.