Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Service ESC ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 08:17 AM

I have read multiple posts on multiple forums regarding this and everyone has come back to a faulty wire harness. This is the third GM vehicle I've owned that has had an issue with a wire harness.

But apparently I came to the wrong place. So I apologize for I guess being inquisitive. I will go to NHTSA instead. Thank you.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:34 AM

That's because there's miles of wire inside our vehicles. All cars have issues... I know I've posted about my service ESC woes and it wasn't related to the harness. User error...FMG is correct in saying that a recall isn't necessary. It's an easy system to diagnose. There's 2 ABS/speed sensors located in the front wheel hubs they're doing most of the legwork. And 2 wires connect each side to the ECM. Sounds like your upset with GM.

Many factors effect the system, low tire pressure will set it off. If it's an intermittent problem I'd start with the tire pressures. If it's bad wiring, you can run a continuity test to ensure there's no break anywhere, loose connections are not uncommon either.

- hope this helps.
Please let us know if you find a manufacturer without any problems...
Old 01-22-2016, 08:51 AM

Unless your profile is wrong, you do have ABS & TC. All 2011 LTs do. I don't recall wiring harness as being the problem usually it is a bad hub.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:14 AM

I'm good. I'm no longer looking for help. I asked a question because I thought that I saw someone from chevrolet customer service was providing answers. I was wrong.

My post never said that my car didn't come with those features. My post stated that when the ABS light and the Traction light are on those features don't work.

And I don't have a bad hub. They said it has to be somewhere in the wire harness.

Like I said I'm good. I learned a lesson. To stay away from forums. I asked a question and feel like I got attacked for it. I'm sorry I asked a question.

After my mechanic finishes writing up his recommendation I will file my complaint properly with NHTSA.

Thank you.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:41 AM

TOUCHY!

There was no attack. You don't seem to know what a recall is. It is for an inherent and pervasive safety issue, not a few complaints. This is not a pervasive or inherent problem, but a few internet complaints (even 100 of many thousand is not pervasive). It is also not a safety issue.

Sorry, my vision sometimes fails me. I misread the "when this happens" part.

The wire harness in question is the 2 wires and connector for the Wheel Speed Sensor attached to the hub.

When I said bad hub, that includes the Wheel Speed Sensor, which is integral to the hub. A competent mechanic has the tools and knowledge to test the Wheel Speed Sensors.

"Chevrolet Customer Service" is the social media arm of GM, not technical help.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:03 AM

I would try and take donbrews advice here because, although you felt attacked, you may be travelling down a very long and expensive road chasing a "wiring harness problem." Forums are actually the BEST place to go; we have all had our ups and downs with the HHR and have helped each other with multiple very common issues. Just because your mechanic said it was something else doesn't mean it is.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Jessicasdd, welcome to the site, I've had several cars in my care have wiring issues with the ABS feature , the wires to the hub are only available with the hub, it it normally the connector had gotten wet and or damaged.
As an observation some of the codes you mention and the age of your HHR would indicate a possible failing battery also, perhaps have your mechanic load test your battery .
The little Trucklets don't like the low voltage and amperage of an aging battery, been there done that!!
Cheers
Old 01-22-2016, 07:56 PM
Platinum Member

Don't waste your time guys. She has her mind made up - won't listen to good advice - can't read and interpret what advice was being given - and since she feels she was "attacked" she's on her own. Thread closed