Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Suspension Problems/noise?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 10:34 AM

I've had my car into the shop twice for this problem, and both times they told me that everything looks normal.

Now that it's warming up here, I'm actually not hearing the noise nearly as much, which leads me to also believe that it's a cold weather issue.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by lopper
I've had my car into the shop twice for this problem, and both times they told me that everything looks normal.

Now that it's warming up here, I'm actually not hearing the noise nearly as much, which leads me to also believe that it's a cold weather issue.
Man that is strange. Our temp.'s, here in the Phoenix area, went below 20 degrees with the wind chill factor. But, I never experienced it. Wonder if other "Zonies" did??

Also, it appears to be affected by extreme lower temps. Other people in the more moderate temp zones....have you experienced it??
Old 03-15-2007, 11:43 PM

Cool Noises

I am so glad to hear I am not the only one hearing the noises from the front. I LOVE my new red HHR, but I am already having problems with it. The front running lights keep going out, and now this new noise from the front. EEEKKK. I am getting nervous about my decision to buy it. But I love it!
Old 03-16-2007, 07:48 AM
jx3

Welcome sb5! Don't know about the front end noise, but have you checked/reseated all the fuses? This may be why your lights keep going out.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:47 AM

Name:  af67ea7d.gif
Views: 341
Size:  4.6 KB to the site sunybuny5!! Take that thing into the dealer and have it checked it out.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Our temp.'s, here in the Phoenix area, went below 20 degrees with the wind chill factor. But, I never experienced it. Wonder if other "Zonies" did??
My Wife has never mentioned it with the HHR, but I get creaky suspension noises from the rear end of my Altima when we get those cold temps. But they go away quickly once you're out and about. It does it every Winter.
I think it's all about the temps and not much else.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:06 AM

Just got mine back from the dealer with this problem,mine had 2 problems ,first they changed the whole steering column for the bumping sound and next the creeking sound is coming from the front stabilizer bar bushings,after changing them the creeking sound went away,hope this helps.Your dealer should have service bullitens for these problems.The Canuk!!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:04 AM

Just curious to hear if anyone else has had these noises repaired successfully? Mine just started making a grinding-type noise when going over dips in the road and some railroad crossings. I'll probably take it to the dealer soon to see what they can find.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:50 PM

Let me jump on the wagon also today in NY temps are in the teens and leaving my house this morning what do I hear some scraping noise like my front passenger side was bottoming out? My car is stock no after market rims.But after reading this forum I dont feel so bad
Old 01-03-2008, 04:22 PM

Temps in single digits here in NH...HHR sounded like a rusty bedspring hitting bumps today...rattling noises all coming from underneath.....cold weather must play havoc on GM cars because my wifes Vue and my HHR sound like they are ready to fall apart...I will say my Matrix never made these noise no matter what the temp was.

Sort of sad when you shrug you shoulders and say it is normal for GM cars to sound like this...saving grace is with warmer temps coming in a few days hopefully it will stop

Goose

Quick Reply: Suspension Problems/noise?