Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Tc ABs light on popping and jerking

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 04:23 PM

Tc ABs light on popping and jerking

Okay guys hope this helps someone. Sunday we was enjoying a ride to church then bam the car started slamming jerking popping loud i thought the tranny was coming out.So the backyard mechanic in me changed the brakes and 1 new caliper which it needed. And still the same problem TC ABS light on i read several places where different things took place so i decided time for my Chevy Dealer.The service writer called me he was like this is crazy all the guys drove it and was puzzled at first no master fails no codes so they checked the TC computer it was crazy the car was thinking i was going in a skid sideways all the time so thus the brake locking ABS. So they changed the alighnment sensor and calibrated it and relighned my front in.And called me its ready so far so good runs brand new again my ABS TC lights are off where before they came on randomly the past few months.So my logic is where alot of ppl are having the ABS TC light coming on like mine has the past few months maybe this may help it was the Alighnment sensor which controls the ABS and TC good luck to all and happy HHR motoring. Oh the bill was 100$ deductable through my extended warrenty not real sure of the cost.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Nice that it's fixed
Old 09-23-2015, 11:28 PM

I'm glad to here you got it fixed. Sounds like strange one.

Are you sure it was an alignment sensor?

I know of a steering wheel angle sensor or maybe a yaw sensor? Both could affect the stability system and make strange things happen.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:21 PM

The dealer told me it was an alighnment sensor that the computer was thinking my car was in a sideways skid. I thought it was my caliper cause it was locking up on the left side.After replacing it and my brakes it was still doing it.I thought it was my transmision or a cv joint it was jerking and making a loud meatel type grinding and popping sound.It had me scratching my head i usualy fix my own problems.Before it happened this past Sunday my abs and tc light would come on for the past few months at stop lights or sitting at a drive through any where i was holding my breaks. So far so good after picking it up at the repair shop i have drove 100 miles and not lights or problems it may be one of the sensors i dont know thats what they told me. But i was glad to pay 100$ and drive away.
Old 10-04-2015, 02:39 PM

Still running good no more tc and abs light and no lockups.So very happy costed me 100$ to fix so i am happy high 5 i hope this thread helps someone. I have driven almost 300 miles since repair.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:35 PM
Deceased

Well Scott, that's a new one on us.

But never say something can't go wrong with an HHR that we haven't seen before.

Occasionally these Trucklets will throw a curveball, slider, or a corkscrew when you least expect it.

Glad you got it fixed up, did Mynatt's do the work?
Old 10-13-2015, 05:36 AM

Yea Mynatt did the work I was really worried only costed me 100$. I was so thankful. Still going thank God no problems yet knock on wood.