Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Weird issue with turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 11:44 AM

Hmm.. you sure they are the correct type? 3157 I think, dual circuit, dim for running lights and bright for turns.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by prod
Hmm.. you sure they are the correct type? 3157 I think, dual circuit, dim for running lights and bright for turns.
I did not see a mention that it's a 2006? Or built for Canada? Those are the 2 circumstances of DRLs using the parking lights that I know of.

I guess somebody shoulda asted?
Old 08-09-2013, 10:33 PM

I'm not sure where it was made. It is a 2006 2LT. The lights are dim until the flasher is turned on.

i think they where 3157's. They seemed to work fine at first, then just flaked out.

I replaced them with the standard lights, now one of those is already blown.

when i first replaced the rear lights (both at the same time) they kept the faster tempo flash. After thinking about it, i suppose id rather have everything working as it should and not have to replaced these things for a few more years. I really hate having to go into the bumper for anything. This big hands where not meant for that.

Autozone told me if i wanted resistors, they had to be installed separately. I didn't ask what part i needed, because I'm sure they would bend me over for the cost, and I'm sure they don't cover THAT kind of lube.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew
The fast blinker usually means a light bulb blown. So, next logical step.....

Anyway, usually an LED needs a resistor in order for it to work at all. Most times it is already part of the LED, or already soldered to it.

LEDs use current to light up, not voltage.

All of that together and more education than I have should help.
Georg Ohm wouild turn over in his grave to hear that statement. If there is no voltage to the light bulb OR the led neither will work. Current(amperes) IS the voltage(volts) devided by the resistance(ohms). Knowing or not knowing this will not make the OP's turn signal work any better but it is the way it works. Although I guess most people go through life having never heard of Ohm's Law and they do just fine.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:50 PM

I don't want to cause prof Ohm any discomfort. But algebra can be used to rearrange the equation.

Anyway a 2006 would have DRL using the Amber.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by sunbound
I'm not sure where it was made. It is a 2006 2LT. The lights are dim until the flasher is turned on.

i think they where 3157's. They seemed to work fine at first, then just flaked out.

I replaced them with the standard lights, now one of those is already blown.

when i first replaced the rear lights (both at the same time) they kept the faster tempo flash. After thinking about it, i suppose id rather have everything working as it should and not have to replaced these things for a few more years. I really hate having to go into the bumper for anything. This big hands where not meant for that.

Autozone told me if i wanted resistors, they had to be installed separately. I didn't ask what part i needed, because I'm sure they would bend me over for the cost, and I'm sure they don't cover THAT kind of lube.
I'm really sorry that your having trouble with your lights. Would you be interested in allowing me to get you set up at a dealership and having them figure out the issue? If so please private message me.

Thank you,

Jessica L.
Chevrolet Customer Care