Racing Discussion Race Track Victories - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

HHR SS vs. ?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 04:38 PM

On a local two lane, sweeping right hand on-ramp to the 23 freeway I had a Honda S-2000 roadster dive under me just as we were accelerating up the ramp, that guy looked SOOOOO surprised as he slammed that hi-revving Honda through the gears and I was just slowly pulling away from him. I guess he expected to blow me away easily. I was surprised those S-2000 roadsters were that fast as well.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:33 PM

I totally owned a fat chick in a Yaris. Hey I got a 2.2 so don't laugh. It was a clean kill, too... she revved on my at the stoplight, she dropped the taco she was shoving in her face, and It Was On.

Okay I made this up. But it is still funny.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by luckybiggs
BMW Z3 beat by SS!

Now I didn't pick this fight. I pulled up behind a Z3 at a red light. The guy nailed it when the light went green so I stayed with him. At the next light he jumped into the right lane and started revving the motor so I patiently waited until the light went green again. I pulled him by a car link in first, he started gaining a little in second but when mine changed into third I started steadily pulling away. When I came out of third I was several car links ahead (maybe 3) and he gave up. The next light was a ways down the road on a big 4 lane highway and I was turning so he tooted the horn a few times and waved as he passed.

I don't think he knew what he had gotten hold of! I'm not sure what engine it had but it looked pretty new. The part I like is I know he spent alot more money!

So whens that programmer for the SS coming out? 320HP I'm just prepping for that run in with the true tuner!
The SS actually has more hp than the Z3. The Z3 is somewhere between 170-190 hp but weighs less than the SS so it might be a driver's if you both were to get serious. The Z4 might give you more for the money as they are 255 hp. Forget the M Roadster as they, like the M3 are 333 hp and would blow your doors off.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:37 PM

i ran my buddy who has a 94 chevy pickup with the gm performance 383crate motor on the freeway and from light to light he just couldnt hang with me he
Old 06-16-2008, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
I totally owned a fat chick in a Yaris. Hey I got a 2.2 so don't laugh. It was a clean kill, too... she revved on my at the stoplight, she dropped the taco she was shoving in her face, and It Was On.
Okay I made this up. But it is still funny.
One night you will wake up with that big pie burger sittin' on your face!!!!!!!! Dang I can't stop laughing!
Old 06-16-2008, 04:41 PM

I felt bad for this civic/crx or whatever the super short and small honda is called. It had a nice size wing (read 747) and a couple of stickers (i lost count at 35) a body kit (flapping as if caulk was holding it on) a black hood (poor mans carbonfiber) and to top it all of a space saver spare on the front passenger side. I had a difficult time seeing him in my driverside blind spot. That's when I realized he was racing me. So he cut me off and drove 100ft ahead. I just slowly creeped up on him in 5th, and then left it there. then i put it in neutral and gild to keep up my mpg. Then he floored it..... i think? Couldn't tell, stayed in fifth, and watched him shrink in the mirror.
I should have let him leave me in the dust, you know...pay it forward.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:49 PM

I went down to Englishtown raceway years back for amateur day. I saw a nice 90's mustang pull up and here comes a red honda civic hatchback. I looked a little closer and this hatchback had a full 8 point roll cage, 5 point harness and guages all over the place. They were both warming up their tires, pulled up to the line. 3, 2, 1......Civic was 1/4 way down the track while the mustang was about 10 feet off the starting line. That little civic ran a 10 flat. While the mustang ran a 12.??. That civic gave me a whole different respect for ricers. 1/2 the cylinders and faster?!?!?
Old 06-18-2008, 01:17 PM

10 flat is smokin fast.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:41 PM

I would be impressed if this was a naturally aspirated or even turbo motor, But I bet he had a bottle. Nitrous is Cheating, it's what you use when you don't know how to build up a motor the right way.

Originally Posted by AllEyezOnMe
I went down to Englishtown raceway years back for amateur day. I saw a nice 90's mustang pull up and here comes a red honda civic hatchback. I looked a little closer and this hatchback had a full 8 point roll cage, 5 point harness and guages all over the place. They were both warming up their tires, pulled up to the line. 3, 2, 1......Civic was 1/4 way down the track while the mustang was about 10 feet off the starting line. That little civic ran a 10 flat. While the mustang ran a 12.??. That civic gave me a whole different respect for ricers. 1/2 the cylinders and faster?!?!?
Old 06-18-2008, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by dbfruth
I would be impressed if this was a naturally aspirated or even turbo motor, But I bet he had a bottle. Nitrous is Cheating, it's what you use when you don't know how to build up a motor the right way.
Bottle or turboc or superc or nitroM, if you don't build it up right, it won't last long. There is no cheating, only luck.....until BOOM. Don't hate the fuel, hate the game.