Racing Discussion Race Track Victories - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Old white Jettas are only fast in the movies, kid.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by white heat
And anyone else who is around, including innocent people. You are trusting that the guy racing you can drive. I wonder why they have a divider wall at the track and why they constantly check to make sure there is absolutely nothing on the track. Ever see anyone check the road before they street race?
Actually, when things get serious, we do a pre-run at low speeds to make sure there is nothing on the "track" and no one around. And yes, I'm trusting him (or her), just as the other driver trusts me. There are calculated risks involved, but we do everything we can to minimize said risks to ourselves and make sure that no one else is exposed to the risks we choose to take ourselves.

**EDIT**

There is no divider wall at any track I have been to.

Last edited by AaronSS; 10-05-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:48 PM

only at the start aaron,at a certified track.

IF THE BOARD DIDN'T WANT IT,THEY WOULDN'T HAVE MADE A RACING DISCUSSION OR WAR STORIES. IF THEY DON'T WANT IT,THEY WILL TAKE IT OFF...ENOUGH SAID!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 05:47 PM

I have a simple solution....if you don't want to hear 'bout "racin'" of any kind just do the simple thing......DON'T READ IT!................. Give us a break, please, thank you. Out of one side of your mouth you're spoutin' 'bout get a hahn tune and then out the other "racin' is a baddy....... heck buy a Yugo and I can assure you they aren't talkin' 'bout racin' at www.igoyugo.com. ..... big opps.... D@mn there is a web site and it's showin' a chebby. go figure!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
I can't believe that street racing posts are still tolerated by the mods. Most other car forums I have been on ban street racing threads. It almost puts the forum in a position of implicitly supporting street racing if such threads are allowed. Bizarre.
I am apart of many other forums, Camaro, Audi, Subaru, Chevy, and they all have threads on street racing. Haven't come across one yet that strictly didn't allow it.

I think most, 99% of people are not good enough drivers to street race at high speeds in traffic, but they still do it. They won't stop anytime soon. They know the risks, they know they put their life on the line every time they do it, as well as other peoples lives. To be honest, if I was hit by someone who was street racing, I would probably rip them out of their car and beat them. Only in my dreams that is