Racing Discussion Race Track Victories - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Post your 1/8 and or quarter mile times inside here

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2020, 03:38 PM

i make my own 'tunes'...

i'm user name 2000Firehawk on the HPtuners.com forum.
Do a search for me on that forum for my 'tunes'.
Old 11-15-2020, 05:14 PM

Ok thanks

Originally Posted by 2005HHRauto
i make my own 'tunes'...

i'm user name 2000Firehawk on the HPtuners.com forum.
Do a search for me on that forum for my 'tunes'.
Thank you I will, do you tune the trans as well?

Do you take on jobs from others?
Yours works, and I promise to not come to your track 😀
Old 05-01-2021, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Kc0kfg
Thank you I will, do you tune the trans as well?
Do you take on jobs from others?
😀
Yes I do 'tune' the trans...
I delete all the torque management & reduce all the shift times to have 'firm' shifts...
Firmer shifts mean that the clutch packs lock up quicker reducing slippage & heat buildup...
No, I will never 'tune' any stuff but my own. I don't have the time & it's just a 'fun' hobby thing for me trying to make my stuff work the way that I want it to work for me...
The guys at ZZP can take care of all your needs...

Wish me 'luck' this year with not blowing my Buggy up...
My goal is 11.99@115mph
I got bored & changed a few things.

I got the 'big' wheel for my stock turbo, the so called 'R' version it's called...
I got the ZZP catless DP to help out the bigger wheel, with NO increase in sound, which tells me that my stock modded DP may be equal to the catless ZZP DP, & I will put it back on later this year to compare.
I got the ZZP high energy coils so that I can run a bigger spark plug gap, .034 instead of .032 for a better 'burn'...
I got new rubber, M&H 24.5x8.5x15 slicks, to replace my 6 year old M&H 23.0x8.5x15 slicks that served me well...
I got 350 feet of new concrete at my track, as they replaced the 1st 350 feet of the 1/4 mile last month...
I'm also running a E70 mix instead of the E47 mix, for maybe a 3hp gain & more cylinder cooling.... E70 is the MAX that you can go with the stock fuel system...

So, here's hoping that the 4T45e holds up to the new changes, & doesn't **** the bed...
The bigger wheel does reduce low end torque very slightly, & comes on like a mother on the top end...
It's fine on the street, as the tires easily spin, reducing the strain on the trans...
Saturday May 8 is opening day, with a high temperature of 58 degrees expected...
I've got my fingers crossed...

Old 04-25-2022, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by 2005HHRauto
Yes I do 'tune' the trans...
I delete all the torque management & reduce all the shift times to have 'firm' shifts...
Firmer shifts mean that the clutch packs lock up quicker reducing slippage & heat buildup...
No, I will never 'tune' any stuff but my own. I don't have the time & it's just a 'fun' hobby thing for me trying to make my stuff work the way that I want it to work for me...
The guys at ZZP can take care of all your needs...

Wish me 'luck' this year with not blowing my Buggy up...
My goal is 11.99@115mph
I got bored & changed a few things.

I got the 'big' wheel for my stock turbo, the so called 'R' version it's called...
I got the ZZP catless DP to help out the bigger wheel, with NO increase in sound, which tells me that my stock modded DP may be equal to the catless ZZP DP, & I will put it back on later this year to compare.
I got the ZZP high energy coils so that I can run a bigger spark plug gap, .034 instead of .032 for a better 'burn'...
I got new rubber, M&H 24.5x8.5x15 slicks, to replace my 6 year old M&H 23.0x8.5x15 slicks that served me well...
I got 350 feet of new concrete at my track, as they replaced the 1st 350 feet of the 1/4 mile last month...
I'm also running a E70 mix instead of the E47 mix, for maybe a 3hp gain & more cylinder cooling.... E70 is the MAX that you can go with the stock fuel system...

So, here's hoping that the 4T45e holds up to the new changes, & doesn't **** the bed...
The bigger wheel does reduce low end torque very slightly, & comes on like a mother on the top end...
It's fine on the street, as the tires easily spin, reducing the strain on the trans...
Saturday May 8 is opening day, with a high temperature of 58 degrees expected...
I've got my fingers crossed...
great to see that you are still on here, I have not been on here in many years since I sold my 09 hhrss. My son Will most likely be getting a hhr ss very soon so I will be back on here !