South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, CO

Citgo Station

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 10:11 AM

I wish I worked for Citgo (or any other upstream and downstream petroleum company) because I might be able to get some free gas or just a nice discount!

Are you asking me to come by for a visit Ray??? We're not travelling through BC this trip, we'll probably out in BC during the summer though. July long weekend probably.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:13 AM

There have been stories circulating on the internet about Citgo being owned by Venzuela, and by extention their anti-US dicator Hugo Chavez. People have been urged to boycott Citgo to avoid having their dollars go to support a Marxist dictator. How much of this is true is anybody's guess and I make no claims as to the veracity of such claims, but in the past Citgo used to trumpet that their gasoline was refined from Venezuela crude oil so there does seem to be a connection back to Chavez.

In the meantime, I'll keep looking for the Sinclair dinosaur or the Esso tiger to fill up my Hupmobile.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by Docwylie
There have been stories circulating on the internet about Citgo being owned by Venzuela, and by extention their anti-US dicator Hugo Chavez. People have been urged to boycott Citgo to avoid having their dollars go to support a Marxist dictator. How much of this is true is anybody's guess and I make no claims as to the veracity of such claims, but in the past Citgo used to trumpet that their gasoline was refined from Venezuela crude oil so there does seem to be a connection back to Chavez.

In the meantime, I'll keep looking for the Sinclair dinosaur or the Esso tiger to fill up my Hupmobile.
It is owned by Venezuela's state owned oil company, which he rules over.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...ver-usat_x.htm