South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Our luck sucks

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 07:08 PM

To the OP about how your luck sucks ... here's been my summer as of yet:

1. Cousin dies in Afghanistan to start my summer break
2. Find out, due to a grade mix-up, I failed 3 classes, have to take summer classes so I don't get kicked out of college.
3. My friend (Neal Parker) dies right in front of me at ERP during the Super Nationals (yes, I was crewing for another driver, and was out in the staging area when that happened)
4. My dog dies
5. Get hit and run by 2 vehicles, both still at large, one of them a 1-ton HD truck w/ trailer
6. Find out, after being hit and run, and in a wheel chair, I still do not qualify for a ride back after class, and had to wheel myself 2.5mi each day, up hill, after class
7. My Firehawk gets into a minor fender bender (my first mistake driving ... driven over 200k miles in my life) and the officer writes me up for a ton of tickets, and I still haven't gotten the car outta the shop yet, as we're waiting for a (non-existant) replacement tail light.
8. My HHR breaks down, and being that I am too young to get a rental, I had to walk 50 miles (from the dealer) to my apartment.
9. After getting to my apartment, exhausted, after walking 50 miles, I find out that I am locked out of my apartment building, and had to wait another hour before I could get back into the apartment.

Oh yeah, I've had a **** summer/luck. I think I have finally earned the right to cuss about how bad my luck has been this summer.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
GRUMPEE-

I liked that custom Panel, first time I saw it (the pic that is)...
Sorry for slight hi-jack
I was sitting next to it for an hour today while my Blackie got an oil change (Selman is my familia's dealer of choice) ... my nephew drove that hhr to Tom's ... it was custom made into a panel before there were panels and the inside is also the same colors.

Blackie's TC light is on as is the engine light -- also the remote start no longer, well starts remotely. They wanted me to leave him, but it is my DD so can't leave it for until later.

Tech dude said it was fine as long as the engine light thingy wasn't blinking, but with 32K on him, to bring it in soon ...

Little
Old 08-22-2010, 01:31 AM

Xtreme Modifier --- if you are serious about the kind of summer you have had (and I can't imagine anyone would fake a list like yours), you certainly do earn the prize! I'm just sorry you ended up on THAT kind of a roll. I kept waiting for the punchline, and there wasn't one...life sucks.

"Our luck sucks" was mainly referring to a string of breakdowns in the devices that service our lives...obsoleted Nav unit, stove, microwave, roof, car, defective phone, car charger...in about a month's time. But ya know, they're all fixed now, and our luck's changing.

I just hope yours is on the mend too...that list was far too long, and horrible.