SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

Airflow straightener for MAF

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 05:26 PM

Airflow straightener for MAF

Has anyone installed or knowledge of MAF airflow straightener. I've heard alot of good things about them. Its seems to help when you add a air intake to reduce codes.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:20 PM

Get an AeroForce scan gauge and clear those codes on the fly .

But my intrest is peeked, Anyone ?
Old 01-15-2011, 11:21 PM

I kinda feel if you need a straightener then you have other problems in the system that need to be corrected,,,,if your air intake is turbulant then you need to figure out why, correct that and you wont need a bandaid...heres a good example why these things work on some cars and don't others,,,its all in the design of the intake tract...though it would be interesting to "see" the results of one in the HHR...which is why CAI's sell ( well besides the "looks cool" factor)...this eliminates part of the stock intake thereby reducing the turbulant section(look how many times the air has to turn before it reaches the eng!)..but so far in the HHR there hasn't been any big claims, which is saying the air tract is designed pretty well.....
Old 01-16-2011, 07:55 AM

Woody,

Got an email from Bill Hann Jr. yesterday, ( I was inquiring about something "one-off") and in my questions I had asked again about any CAI for the SS, since its been in development for over 3 years. Long story short The Stock configuration is pretty damn good, thats why no-body has come out with anything groundbreaking, that doesn't require code clearing or a tune. GM did a good job with this according to Bill. I got my car in Jan 08, by July of that year it seemed that most of the currrent performance offerings were already on the market, with a few new pieces here and there.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:30 PM

Yeah, and because of that we are limited to what we can do unless we take it upon ourselves to make something pleasing to the eye....actually it makes it easier as one can design something cool looking without worrying about performance, if you follow the stock design.....