SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

Problem after zzp intercooler system install.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
PID is a request to the computer for information, A sensor is hardware. So, if you know the right PID to set the RPD to you can get any bit of info you want. That is a simple answer, does it help?

I seem to remember somebody saying that you can send PIDs with the RPD, I don't know.

What they are saing in the CobaltSS thread is that the sensor is mounted on metal and the metal is very close to the heat producing turbo, so it is actually reading the temp of the metal tube, not the temp of the air inside.
so does the engine work any different if it is getting wrong reading? Looks like i will really need to put stock cold side pipe back.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:14 PM

If it were me I'd do some testing first. See if your HP or torque has improved, see what's happening with your fuel economy. The increased IAT may be messing with your timing a little.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by RJ_RS_SS_350
If it were me I'd do some testing first. See if your HP or torque has improved, see what's happening with your fuel economy. The increased IAT may be messing with your timing a little.
i haven't noticed any improvement. Torque and hp numbers are about the same. Maybe going into boost litle quicker, but not sure. I will need more driving to test fuel economy.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:33 AM

From reading it seems that moving IAT 2 closer to the throttle body and engine is causing what you are seeing. What impact that has on performance I can't answer. HPTuners which I use, doesn't allow access to a number of tables the the ECM uses for fueling, boost control and timing. But, if there are 2 IAT sensors it stands to reason there is some method to the madness or there wouldn't be two to begin with.

Same reason for 2 boost sensors, although I can somewhat understand that.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by DrLoch
From reading it seems that moving IAT 2 closer to the throttle body and engine is causing what you are seeing. What impact that has on performance I can't answer. HPTuners which I use, doesn't allow access to a number of tables the the ECM uses for fueling, boost control and timing. But, if there are 2 IAT sensors it stands to reason there is some method to the madness or there wouldn't be two to begin with.

Same reason for 2 boost sensors, although I can somewhat understand that.
if that is the case than it looks like this lower charge pipe is not very well designed product. But i am not an expert by any means. I will switch back to stock one i will report the result.